The Gilvenbank Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes(Glenrothes)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$92
US$67
US$60
Golden Acorn Hotel(Glenrothes)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$120
US$117
Balbirnie House(Markinch)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmother's daychilli dipyoung waitresstwo single bedssister's weddinghot buffetstarters and mainsfew occasionsnext morningblack puddingpiefamily roomfull scottish breakfastlovely foodwedding receptionincluded in the pricegreat value for money
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My fella and I have stayed here on many occasions and have loved the welcome always. The staff are polite, well presented and very helpful. No request is a bother for them. The quiz and karaokes are great fun too and a live act every week. always something to do. The prices are also good. The breakfasts are brilliant, everything you could want and suits all tastes, the meals portions and drinks prices are constant, not raising slowly every odd week like one i could name. The hygiene practices of staff on the floor and bar are also good, eg, hands washed etc. Only one minor point though, the rooms do hear noise from the corridor, but this is all. Not a huge problem. Outside seating area with huge parasols and heaters, so its lovely sitting out at night. A great place to stay for a quiet night, or two away, or a night out.

Room Tip: Better views from the front rooms, the back ones have a lot of privacy with trees. Family room is massive if available. If it is available later on in the day, staff will give the larger room too.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stopped off here for a quick dinner en route somewhere else and really did enjoy it. Found it to be great value for money. The menu is varied and when the food arrived I was pleased to see it was presented well with ample portions. The food itself isn't fancy but then the prices reflect this. Service was good, and I definitely wouldn't hesitate to return when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

This review is on the restaurant, not on the hotel, as I haven't stayed here.
I've been to this restaurant before a while back, but it didn't make an impression on me, as I don't remember how it was.
But as we were passing through here today, we thought we would give it a try again, I must admit, I wasn't expecting it to be that good, but the food today was great, both myself and my partner thoroughly enjoyed our meal, plenty choice and superb value, a 3 course meal for 10:95, how they can do it for this price is beyond me.
I had mushrooms on garlic bread in a creamy sauce, was yum, perhaps a bit too much for a starter, I was worried I wouldn't be able to manage my main, I had Mexican chilli beef for main, and it was delicious....but I couldn't eat it all, so no dessert for me, was full to the brim, but very satisfied.
My partner had pâté then steak pie then cheesecake, n he loved all his meal too, we left saying that we will return and tell all our friends.
I love finding somewhere where the food is how I feel it should be, tasty and worth the money.
As it was such a gorgeous afternoon we sat outside in the sun too, felt like we were in Spain, but it was just costa del cadham....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jennylovie
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel recently and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Only concern was that guests appeared to be smoking in the bedrooms as there was an extremely strong smell of smoke. We did point this out to reception. Beds were not too comfortable although the room was huge.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Remember this place when it was "The Snooty Fox" that was before there was a hotel located next door. Ate here with friends when our first choice was fully booked. the food was good, the service was acceptable, the prices were reasonable. This place wasn't busy and lacked atmosphere, however would eat here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends