“Good value for money”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Glenrothes
Fife, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great value and friendly staff. Bar / Restaurant serves good pub food at a very good price with option of a 3 course set price lunch menu. We attended a function here - the facilities and buffet were excellent. A great night was had by all!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Izzi82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Scotland
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We have not used the Gilvenbank for several years but went for lunch today and can only praise the high quality of food. We had the 3 course lunch at approx £8.50 each and we substituted the sweet course with coffee.
The service from the staff was excellent and could not be faulted.
I would thoroughly recommend this Restuarant and have already booked up for a return visit in June

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank paterson5
Dunkeld, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking made online for a get away with my partner.

Found the hotel easy enough (using my sat-nav I may add) so dont listen to most of the other reviews about ending up in a estate as we were no where near one.

Welcome was warm and the room was clean. Matress wasnt the comfiest but made do for the night.

Restaurant was fully booked by the time we checked in but the girls behind reception and in the restaurant accommodated us without any fuss.

Quite a tasty meal aswell!!

Bit of a restless night what with the function going on but to be expected with a wedding destination.

Overall was a pleasant stay.

Would definitely reccomend!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anerdeenshire
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Unlike previous reviews we had no difficulty finding the hotel. Brown tourist signs fairly clear. Hotel rooms were surprisingly spacious and well decorated. One of ours had French Windows which was great on a hot day. Very clean and helpful staff - much better than others of similar prices. Walls are thin and you can hear people going along the corridor. There was a wedding on and unfortunately our room was directly above the band- but it's a chance you take at this time of year. We would definitely return if in this area again and recommend it as a budget hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Macduff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Finding the hotel is an issue due to very few signs and it the sat nav putting us into an estate. The hotel itself is nice enough but rather basic. Our door made a noise like a bomb going off when closing but the bed was comfortable. Food and service in the restaurant was very good despite it being very busy.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandyfroh
Stockport, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I must admit, I was not looking forward to staying, only because after I made the booking my plans changed and I could have done with staying in Dundee and the booking could not be cancelled.
That said once I arrived my view changed, the welcome was warm, the room clean and large. The only let down was noisy floorboards.

Food was excellent and service was good.
Don't trust your SatNav, it tries to take you onto the nearby housing estate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kirton in Lindsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Spent three nights here on a business trip and first off I have to say all the staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The receptionist even oferred to drop a postcard in the post box for me on her way home, now that's service.
The rooms were a little tired but nothing a coat of point, a bit of grout and some new sealant wouldn't fix and not enough to stop me staying there again if I was in the area. TV reception in the room was very poor with the majority of channels having a signal too weak for the programme to be shown. Perhaps signal boosters or a Satellite dish should be considered? However as I think has been mentioned before sound certainly travels between rooms. Be it the TV in the next room, the folks in the corridor or the lady next door snoring during the night. I was greatful for the ear plugs I always carry just in case. This was compounded by the thin curtains which didn't block out the carpark lights.

I dined in the hotel both nights and the Ribeye steak on the first night was excellent. However as a party of four on the second night it was a little hit and miss. My starter of fish cakes was let down badly by the excessive amount of oily dressing on the leaves beneath the fish cakes. Another in the party had the sizzled prawns, which turned out to be prawns bathing in a deep dish of sizzling oil, not the best prawn dish ever eaten. However my main of ham, eggs and chips was once again excellent. Breakfast on both days was very good with reasonable choices, the excellent full Scottish was however let down by a cheap sausage that appeared to have been deep fried?
To sum up, there are much worse places to stay and I will stay there again if I'm in the area but it's a shame the food and the rooms are not to the same standard as the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glenrothes
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Freuchie
Golden Acorn Hotel
Golden Acorn Hotel
#5 of 9 in Glenrothes

Been to The Gilvenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!