“Expensive”

The Beveridge Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Reviewed 16 June 2014

For £70 per nitght on a room only basis, this was an expensive hotel! The hotel was tired and dated and the decor not up to much. The curtains did not keep out the light, which is a problem in the summer in Scotland!
I was locked out one of the nights I stayed and it was only a guest that finally came and opened the door for me!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Been here a few times for a meal and I must say the food is excellent, you get a 3 course at lunch time for only £7.95 which is great value. I have also been for a meal at night with my kids which they thought was great as well, with the kids meals you get a good portion and its great value for money. I have never stayed at this hotel but I can highly recommend the food ....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

i've always loved the food at this hotel, great value on lunches especially, quick friendly service. i also had my wedding here based on the food, the cleanliness, the staff and the general feel of the hotel and i was not wrong ! Gina did everything possible to make sure my wedding was perfect, all our guests who stayed over were well looked after and all our needs met, not complaints about the rooms at all, the meal was fantastic and the buffet great, the only problem we had was the night porter shut the bar at 2am when there was still guests willing to spend money behind the bar, this was reported to the management in the morning.
the breakfast was to die for, buffet style, very attentive staff. made to feel like royalty.

Room Tip: the bridal suite and executive rooms are the best and not much difference in price between them and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed in the hotel during our golf tour and was very impressed with the quality of the food and service. The breakfasts were freshly cooked and excellent however the Indian food is very good restaurant standard, all the food served with a smile by very efficient friendly staff. The rooms are clean and comfortable, parts of the hotel may have looked a shade tired but that did not detract from a very enjoyable stay and would have no hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: We had four rooms for our party and I cannot recall anyone having any real issue with any of them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Lovely hotel and nice staff. Delighted and thought: Great we will stay here always when we go to Kirkcaldy. However, A week after leaving, we received a letter advising that I had been smoking in room. They took £150 from my bank account. Gutted! The indian Owner was talking to me when I was out for a cigarette so I guess, He just thought he would accuse me of smoking in my room!! Beware as how many more customers has he done this too. I would never smoke in a non smoking hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank waltons977
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel after a long day at work just wanted a good shower and to sleep checked in an went to my room turned the shower on an it was week and very poor went to reception they quickly changed my room for one on the same floor shower was exactly the same.
Room was tacky but clean not like the pictures on the website where all rooms look modern. Wifi is none existent in the room it has a small zone down stairs.
Was not impressed and will not be returning

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
apnadil11, Front Office Manager at The Beveridge Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Guest thank you for your feedback. Once the problem with the shower was reported to reception we changed rooms straight away and if we were aware that there was a problem with the other room we would have sorted the problem but nothing was reported to us. We cannot act on what we do not know. Also the showers in question have now been replaced with new units as an on going hotel refurbishment project. As regards to wifi it clearly states on our website that FREE wifi is available in some rooms and public areas. All our executive rooms have wifi which you could have been easily upgraded to if we knew internet connection was essential but yet again nothing was reported to us. Please understand if we knew of these problems we would have acted and they would have been solved making you stay a more pleasuable one. Thank you again for staying at The Beveridge Park Hotel

Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff were superb, always willing to help. The room was small dark but cosy. The bed was very comfy and had very good quality bedding. The bathroom was small but very nice and shower was brilliant, the towels were large and fluffy again good quality. The food was always hot and well presented. No complaints at all. I would stay here again. Located near to the town and University and with a good road network its perfect.for leisure or for visiting students.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burntisland
Bay Hotel
Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinghorn

Been to The Beveridge Park Hotel? Share your experiences!