“Short break”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Short break”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We booked three nights in the Victoria Hotel, Kirkcaldy to meet up with some friends. We were welcomed by very friendly helpful staff.Our room was very clean and warm which you need in February. The food is very,very good.The full breakfast is the biggest plate full you will see in a hotel,fantastic.We also had our evening meal in the Victoria on too nights.A set price for three courses with a superb choice of menu. The bar and waiting staff were excellent and could not do enough for you. A very enjoyable stay and would recommend the Victoria Hotel to anyone. Great value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrc86_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We visited this hotel again for their Hogmanay Dinner Dance 2013, as we had been to this event in past years and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Once more we were not disappointed, from the moment we arrived, we were directed to our table and the staff were extremely attentive to our needs. We had a lovely three course meal which was well cooked, warm and very pleasing. Then we were entertained by a two man Ceilidh Band, interspersed with a 7 person Pipe Band and a Country Dancer. which took us up until midnight when we were served with a glass of bubbly to welcome in the New Year. After which, we danced to a disco for an hour. All in all, a wonderful time was had by myself and my partner and we could not have found a better way to toast in the New Year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Balfron, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014

From the initial contact until assistance on with the last coat, the staff of Victoria were all welcoming, unobtrusively efficient and pleasantly helpful. The food was home made and excellent quality. The décor pleasant, table settings pristine. More than met our expectations.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Myself, my husband, daughter and elderly mother recently visited this Hotel for a high tea on 17/11/13. We had already called the hotel prior to our visit to book a table. Upon arriving we were welcomed by staff and offered a table in the bar area to sit and relax whilst we waited on the table. After approximately 5 minutes a male member of staff approached us and took our orders at the table. We were then shown to our table in the main dining room which was busy and had an upbeat atmosphere. As soon as we were seated the staff began there service by serving us tea, scones and cakes which were included in the price of the main meal! All staff members were extremely polite and helpful towards us and approached the table to ensure everything was okay with our meals. The high tea cost £10.95 which included a main course, tea, scones, cakes and bread which in my families opinion is excellent value for money! All food was freshly prepared and served within great time as we were not left sitting for a long time waiting for the meal which was excellent! As well as staff being polite they were dressed immaculately and all had the correct work uniform on.

If ever looking for a high tea again we will definitely be returning! Very happy customers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank nicole_mair
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in November for business.
The staff were very friendly & helpful which was lovely. The breakfast was very tasty.
The bedroom was clean but it was a bit dated as some people have mentioned. Even though the heating was on in the room it was very cold! It was like this all night which made it quite difficult to get a good nights sleep! if it hasn't been for this it probably would have been a better stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I was staying in the area for a few nights with work, there seemed to be nowhere obvious to stay other than a Holiday Inn or similar. So I decided to take a chance on a this place. It was pretty much as you might expect. A nice building but extremely tired.
My room was large & airy & clean although the decor was really in need of updating throughout including the nice iron imprint on the carpet.
The bed was very hard which was fine for me but I think many including my missus would have been unhappy. My room had lovely large sash bay windows however they rattled like hell when ever a car went by, not something I noticed until lights out. Sadly the traffic by the window was pretty consistent into the early hours, probably due to there being a strip bar round the back. Thank god for ear plugs!
The evening meal was interesting I ordered the steak as you can't really go wrong but the side order of reheated off coloured limp veg was probably the worst looking excuse for food that I've witnessed since school dinners. I was too embarrassed for the chef to even bother mentioning it.
My concern is that If a professional chef, cook, waitress or bottle washer, or anybody with eyes can let stuff like that leave their kitchen then what's the point in saying anything?
The fried breakfast however was a belter one of the best I've had for a long time.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. Or get very drunk! Avoid the food.