“victoria Hotel”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Having travelled from southern England for a family wedding, we arrived to a very warm welcome from the staff. We stayed for two nights and although the meals were great and the ambiance great it was ruined by the fact that our double room was claustrophobic and cramped. The wedding was fantastic and again the staff pulled out all the stops to ensure we had a memorable day. The only down side was having to get changed in shifts to ensure we did not get in each others way.
Apart from that a lovely venue.

Room Tip: Some rooms seem to be better than others
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Our daughter Jacqueline and son in law Casey chose this hotel to have their wedding in on 10/5/14 .It was the most fantastic day, the staff and the service were excellent. Carole and Brian could not have done for us.The food was excellent and the waiting staff did a brilliant job.The hotel its self was beautifully presented as were the bedrooms.
I cant thank them enough for making the day so special for every one.
Thankyou
Irene & John Jones

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank irene j
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Spending time away from home for work is always a chore, but to come to a charming hotel such as this makes life easier. I must say I did not use it to it's full potential as I ate out both nights and didn't make use of the bar and was in a rush both mornings but the breakfast was good :) If and when I am back in the area I certainly would return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed there over Christmas 2013. Lovely warm room. Clean sheets and the standard refreshments left. Slept very well and the full Scottish breakfast was delicious. Only disappointment was the showers. A bit compact and had a bit of a problem with the hot water, but it resolved itself quickly. That shouldn't put you off. Otherwise a pleasant stay was had. Staff very friendly and courteous as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

On returning home from a week in Spain on Sunday 27th April my wife and I decided to call in to the Victoria Hotel in Kirkcaldy to have a high tea. We were very pleased we did as the menu on offer was as good as it was twenty years ago and very well priced!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my daughter and 5 year old grandson. We shared a room for 3. It was not very large but more than adequate, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Only 1 slight criticism, there was only 1 bedside lamp for the 2 beds and it's position made it of no use to the person in the single bed. (On this occasion, me)
I liked the bottle each of still and sparkling water. This is an unexpected but pleasant touch. We had breakfast included and also dined there for high tea on our first night. All the food we ate was beautiful. Well cooked, good value and well presented. All staff were friendly and courteous.
I would gladly stay there again and hope I do. I would also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank missush49
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Travelled to kirkcaldy for a relatives funeral stayed at Victoria hotel I can't fault this hotel I stayed five days and the staff were there when needed helpful and friendly too..
Hotel room spotlessly clean. And food simply the best I will stay there again

• Stayed: January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
The Beveridge Park Hotel
Kingswood Hotel
Kingswood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burntisland
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!