“a friendly hotel and great value” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Victoria Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
leicester england
“a friendly hotel and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

I stayed for two nights at the victoria hotel in february 2010. I initially booked for one night but when I realised I could travel a day earlier I rang the reception to increase the length of my stay and they couldn`t have been more helpful. Although I arrived just before midnight the staff who greeted me were polite and considerate and the night porter who also worked in the hotel bar was friendly and chatty. Breakfast was superb. Plenty of it and freshly cooked to order with a good choice of dishes. I attended a function at the hotel and the hospitality shown to everyone by the hotel staff could not be faulted. The cost of staying at the victoria resulted in excellent value for money, and the single room I had, although slightly small, was clean, comfortable and because of the quiet location of the hotel enabled me to sleep soundly each night. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for accomodation in kirkcaldy.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
South East
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

I have just spent 6 night at the Victoria Hotel as I was visiting a very poorly relative in the nearby hospital. The staff were more than friendly - they were genuinely caring and asked every day about my hospital visits and could not do enough for me.

The rooms are lovely and clean and more than adequate if not luxurious. The food is truly wonderful and the Chef(s) clearly know their stuff. A tiny criticism would be that the restuarant music should be turned a bit lower and the tape changed now and again but I am nit-picking.

This is a good quality hotel with a welcoming and helpful staff who understand the concept of a 'guest' and treat them well and with kindness. I loved my stay and would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Bob_J51
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2009

Myself and Partner attended a function last night in the newly refurbished function suite at The Victoria Hotel. The meal was excellent and the staff were very polite and helpful.
We could not pick out a single fault throughout the whole evening and we will deffinately be returning to The Victoria Hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2009
1 Thank Bailey091
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2009

My wife and i at least 2 to 3 times a month have a high tea at the hotel. On our last visit, 29/10/09, i had booked a table for 6.15pm. We arrived at the hotel at 6.10pm and purchased a drink from the bar, informing the manager/head waiter of our booking. He informed us menus would be brought to our table in the bar, in order to choose our meal. 10 minutes later i had to ask for the menus, we sat for a further 15 minutes waiting for our order to be taken, when this was not forthcoming, i informed the member off staff we would be cancelling our booking, his response and attitude was of indifference. The standard of service was shocking to say the least, i for one will not be visiting this hotel again, not exactly the way to treat a regular customer.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2008

Again a pleasure to stay at this friendly Hotel.
1st stayed here 5 years ago and its great to see it has not changed and still offers good value for money.
Breakfast was very tasty the rooms are clean and fresh , staff cant do enough for you so all in a 10/10 for the Victoria Hotel.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank getalifeliverpool
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2008

I am a constant business user of the above hotel when it is not full!

I love the place, always a friendly welcome, whenever i arrive, be it midnight or early evening.

The rooms are clean, tidy, comfortable and always have a bottle of water and a lovely biscuit which is a lovely touch!

The dining is wonderful, they cater for my every need, even when the kitchen closes they still manage to knock me something up which isnt on any menu.

Staff all have lovely personalities, keen and interested and can't do enough for you.

I'd recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank simplelpuk
Elgin, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2008

When I started employment with Aldi, I had to train for 6 months in Kircaldy. Aldi had booked me into the Victoria for my stay over the next few months and I must say that they could not have picked a better hotel!
I cannot fault the place at all. The rooms are clean and fresh, the staff are brilliant (I became good pals with them, an ace bunch), and the food is to die for. A few dishes that come to mind is the chicken stuffed with black pudding served with mash,greens and drambuie sauce, homemade chicken soup and the cooked breakfast is one of a kind! The chef is really something!
The atmosphere is so warm and friendly that I really looked forward to my stay each week. I made friends with alot of the staff members and the regular familiar faces in the bar each night. These friendly regulars were great and just added to the relaxing, warm and welcoming feel to the cozy bar even though I thought they were part of the fixtures and fittings hahaha!!!

I will finish by saying the victoria hotel deserves a 10 out of 10 in all areas and hope i'll be staying again in the near future.

• Liked — The food, friendliness and the railway line in the distance from my window as it reminded me of home
  • Disliked — The club/bar next door to the hotel
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
The Dean Park Hotel
Kingswood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burntisland
Premier Inn Glenrothes Hotel
BEST WESTERN Balgeddie House Hotel

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!