“Not what it used to be”

Dysart Harbour & Harbourmaster's House
Book In Advance
More Info
US$473.15*
and up
Private Outlander Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #2 of 27 things to do in Kirkcaldy
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've been visiting the café since it opened and have noticed a change in attitude of the staff. The location is useful and the coffee is good. We noticed that they stop serving hot food quite early now. The couple in front of us wanted soup at 2.15pm on a cold day and were told brusquely that they could have some but they were not supposed to be serving hot food at that time despite being open until 4pm. On recent visits staff seem more concerned with tidying up and clearing away (throwing unused food out) than serving people. We once wanted a toasted teacake 2.30 to 3pm but were told that the toaster had been switched off!

2  Thank fifewalkers

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Unfriendly staff, poor selection of food generally very uninspiring, however the toilets were okay! We were so surprised that the place didn't open until 11 and that the staff would not allow us even to shelter inside until they officially opened. In fact we ended up walking literally miles to the Walk In at West Wemyss which was absolutely wonderful. On principal I will not visit this place again other than to use their toilet facilities!

1  Thank Claire Y
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I use to stay at Dysart harbour as a child.. So this place has good memories for me. The way the have done the harbour masters house up,they have done a really good job,you can still ,have a cupa and enjoy the view. Downstairs is the history of Dysart and the harbour ..

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Located on the Fife Coastal Path, the cafe/tearoom in the Harbourmaster's House is always very welcoming. I mostly get a delicious buttered scone and a caffe latte to take away, heading for a stroll along the scenic coastal path, not sure I should be saying this but the cherry scones are my favourite - will be upset if they have none left the next time I'm in! Staffed by a team of lovely ladies. Toilet facilities are always perfectly clean. I'd say it's a must-visit for a lunch in the Dysart/Kirkcaldy area. I'm there a few times every month.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This lovely converted Harbour masters cottage has great views of the Harbour is ideal for a soup and a sandwich. Ideal for a light lunch .Is pristine clean and tidy with very friendly staff we use it quite often after a walk along the seafront