“Two dining visits, two different experiences.”

The Dean Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Atlanta, Georgia
“Two dining visits, two different experiences.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Having previously lived in Fife I hadn't been to the Dean Park for many years but travelled with friends for an evening meal in mid-July. Five of us were seated in the formal dining room on a Saturday night. The surroundings were lovely, the staff were efficient and the food was tasty. I enjoyed the experience so much that I returned about two weeks later with my family, including two young children. We reserved a table but this time we were seated on the lounge side and unfortunately had a completely different experience. This section is made up of mostly comfy lounge chairs which are not appropriate for eating in. If I'd wanted to eat on the couch I'd have stayed at home.The table was not ready and in fact we had to wait whilst two tables were put together and some chairs were found. Our table was not set and when the waitress did appear she still only half set it up then skipped off to serve the table next to us who had come in after we did. We repeatedly had to ask for menus, cutlery, napkins etc. The food tasted fine but during the meal there were few waitresses to be found for extra drinks etc and it was an allround disappointing experience. I felt that we were shoved in the corner and forgotten about. After such a first positive visit I do not think I'd go back. Shame really cos there's not a lot of decent eating places in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you get on the real dining side or else forget it.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank lulujambo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Recently visited the Dean Park for the first time with my boyfriend. Tried out their new Bar Menu. Service was fab, staff recommended their 2 courses for £6.95. Breaded prawns with garlic mayo are to die for and homemade Steak Pie was so tasty! We will be returning soon for more!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had a peppered steak in the lovely refurbished resturant of this hotel it was the best steak we have had in a very long time. The hotel has been refurbished and is looking very stylish and modern in the resturant and the bar area. Will definately visit again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wendyrae13
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

realy nice hotel,friendly helpfull staff,clean good sized room,realy comfy bed.I ate from the bar menu ,which was limited but very good and reasonable,as the restaurant was in my opinion expensive and the bar menu had most of the dishes but at 2/3 the price of the restaurant .

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here several times now over the past couple of years, and the standard remains constant and very good. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Good restaurant and bar makes for a relaxing evening. The manager recognised me as I walked through the reception area, and welcomed me back to the hotel. I will have no problem coming back, yet again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Kirkcaldy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

Just been to Dean Park for a meal last night with my woman compliments of my work (Micronas LTD.) we both had the flambe peppered steak and I must say its the best steak I've had in a long time. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the service is second to none, very helpful and pleasant. After having a starter then going onto the main meal we both got asked if we wanted side dishes, seeing that the steak comes with fondant potato dont order chips with it unless you are a big eater. We also had a bottle of Rioja with the meal (after tones of vanilla, rasberry and cherry), this was a realy good wine to accompany the steaks and it rich pepper sauce.

Overall it is a very reasonable price to pay for a very lovely meal in a nice relaxing atmosphere, I hope that this review helps anyone thinking of going for a meal at the Dean Park

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

Last week, my daughter got married at the Dean Park and everybody really enjoyed the day. We had a number of family staying from the US, Cornwall, Essex and other parts of the country and every one of them enjoyed the rooms, the food and service.
The wedding package they do is very reasonable and took all the stress away from us. The whole day went smoothly, thanks to the staff, and it didn't rain!
The setting is lovely, the staff are very efficient and helpful and the quality of the food was excellent. The rooms were comfortable and clean and our room was very spacious
We couldn't thank them enough for making our daughter's big day so special and problem free.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burntisland
BEST WESTERN Balgeddie House Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
Premier Inn Glenrothes Hotel

Been to The Dean Park Hotel? Share your experiences!