“Mother of The Bride”

The Dean Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kirkcaldy
Reviewed 9 September 2012

OMG, WOW! What can I say, where to start? My daughter's wedding.! Such a mix of emotions for a mother of the bride! Any mother of the bride out there in Fife, Scotland, do not hesitate to book the Dean Park Hotel in Kirkcldy for the Wedding! From start to finish how impressed was I? Absolutely 100%. They catered for our every need. Even helped out with last minute change of plans and little crisis. Every member of staff was so welcoming to all our families from all over Scotland, Uk and overseas. I have to mention all the staff, Front of House, bar & waiting staff, Head Chef & Team, and the KP's (who had to do all the washing up), night porter and of course the housekeepers who had to clear up the confetti!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart you all made my baby girls day so extra special. Rooms were very spacious, clean and well presented. Thank you all for giving me lasting fond memories of such a very, very special day in my lifetime.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jim M

Reviewed 6 August 2012

Having previously lived in Fife I hadn't been to the Dean Park for many years but travelled with friends for an evening meal in mid-July. Five of us were seated in the formal dining room on a Saturday night. The surroundings were lovely, the staff were efficient and the food was tasty. I enjoyed the experience so much that I returned about two weeks later with my family, including two young children. We reserved a table but this time we were seated on the lounge side and unfortunately had a completely different experience. This section is made up of mostly comfy lounge chairs which are not appropriate for eating in. If I'd wanted to eat on the couch I'd have stayed at home.The table was not ready and in fact we had to wait whilst two tables were put together and some chairs were found. Our table was not set and when the waitress did appear she still only half set it up then skipped off to serve the table next to us who had come in after we did. We repeatedly had to ask for menus, cutlery, napkins etc. The food tasted fine but during the meal there were few waitresses to be found for extra drinks etc and it was an allround disappointing experience. I felt that we were shoved in the corner and forgotten about. After such a first positive visit I do not think I'd go back. Shame really cos there's not a lot of decent eating places in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you get on the real dining side or else forget it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lulujambo
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Recently visited the Dean Park for the first time with my boyfriend. Tried out their new Bar Menu. Service was fab, staff recommended their 2 courses for £6.95. Breaded prawns with garlic mayo are to die for and homemade Steak Pie was so tasty! We will be returning soon for more!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had a peppered steak in the lovely refurbished resturant of this hotel it was the best steak we have had in a very long time. The hotel has been refurbished and is looking very stylish and modern in the resturant and the bar area. Will definately visit again

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank wendyrae13
Reviewed 19 July 2012

realy nice hotel,friendly helpfull staff,clean good sized room,realy comfy bed.I ate from the bar menu ,which was limited but very good and reasonable,as the restaurant was in my opinion expensive and the bar menu had most of the dishes but at 2/3 the price of the restaurant .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Stayed here several times now over the past couple of years, and the standard remains constant and very good. The staff are excellent, friendly and helpful. Good restaurant and bar makes for a relaxing evening. The manager recognised me as I walked through the reception area, and welcomed me back to the hotel. I will have no problem coming back, yet again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Just been to Dean Park for a meal last night with my woman compliments of my work (Micronas LTD.) we both had the flambe peppered steak and I must say its the best steak I've had in a long time. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the service is second to none, very helpful and pleasant. After having a starter then going onto the main meal we both got asked if we wanted side dishes, seeing that the steak comes with fondant potato dont order chips with it unless you are a big eater. We also had a bottle of Rioja with the meal (after tones of vanilla, rasberry and cherry), this was a realy good wine to accompany the steaks and it rich pepper sauce.

Overall it is a very reasonable price to pay for a very lovely meal in a nice relaxing atmosphere, I hope that this review helps anyone thinking of going for a meal at the Dean Park

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
#3 of 12 in Dunfermline
Dunnikier House Hotel
Dunnikier House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kirkcaldy

Been to The Dean Park Hotel? Share your experiences!