“Highly Recommended”

Invertiel Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Kirkcaldy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights whilst on business. The breakfast was excellent and the room very private and comfortable and clean. In all, value for money was excellent. The B&B is situated 5 minutes walk from the main rail station and 10 minutes from the town and harbour side.
The hosts were very friendly and the level of service very high. I would recommend a stay here - the owners also have a coastal cottage to rent too should you wish to stay in the area under your own steam!

Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Simon R

Reviewed 7 September 2013

My family and I were visiting from South Australia. We stayed two weekends running in August. Great location as close to public transport and hotels. Also within walking distance of the promenade and shops. Rooms great and breakfast first class. We also stayed in London, Barcelona and Paris and their breakfasts didn't have the choice that was given at the Invertiel B & B. Linda and Harry were friendly, courteous and helpful. Nothing was too much for them.

Room Tip: Can only comment on the rooms upstairs and there was no traffic noise considering the B & B is o...
1  Thank Janis G
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Spent a few days here towards the end of August and loved every minute , wonderful accomadation , food for first class including the home made jams and so close to the centre of the town. Hosts were very friendly and really enjoyed also meeting Helena on our last night. Will definitely be back when visiting the area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 595Kim
Reviewed 2 September 2013

For family reasons, I have visited Kirkcaldy 4 or 5 times a year for the last five years. I would not dream of staying anywhere else. The Invertiel well deserves its four star rating. On my last visit, another guest actually photographed the breakfast! I am looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have stayed In Invertiel couple of times now and I keep coming back! You are greeted with a smile and kind words that make you feel extremely welcomed. They have the balance of taking care of you but still giving you space to do things in your own pace. They pick up on what you like, whether that means what kind of food or the way your room is laid out. I also have to praise their eye for details. The room is clean, spacious with its own bathroom, you are welcomed with fruit, biscuits, tea and coffee as every room has things ready for you. There were times when I couldn't eat much more throughout the day because their home cooked breakfast and a selection of continental food was unbelievable! I travel quite a bit for work and Invertiel is definitely the best B&B I have ever been in! I am back in Kirkcaldy in November. Guess where I'm staying??!! This time I'm bringing my colleague with me!. Absolutely amazing experience, lovely people, great food, brilliant room and walking distance to the city centre and the train station to go to Edinburgh or around the area if wanted! Thank you Linda and Harry, you make my travels so pleasant and giving me a little piece of home when I have to travel for work.
Manja

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Manja G
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We decided to stay in Kirkcaldy, Fife while visiting Scotland. The train station is just a few short blocks from the B&B which allowed us to enjoy the town and go into Edinburgh (a 25 minute ride) whenever we wanted. Linda and Harry went above and beyond to help us feel welcome and navigate the things we wanted to do. On top of that, the breakfast was amazing each morning and particularly the homemade jams that Linda had made. I would highly recommend this as a place to stay and enjoy Scotland.

1  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My sister and I recently stayed four nights at the Invertiel B&B. Harry and Linda Duffy's hospitality, kindness and good humor made us feel very welcome. Our room was clean with everything we needed in place. Additionally, their B&B is conveniently located near the rail station which we used for day trips to Edinburgh. The Scottish breakfasts Linda cooked were absolutely delicious! I wish I had taken pictures of the mango, blueberries and other fresh fruit on the buffet as well as our cooked breakfasts - I'll do that next time. And DO NOT pass up the opportunity to taste some of her home-made ("to-die-for") red raspberry jam on your toast!
-Laura M.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
#5 of 9 in Glenrothes
Lomond Hills Hotel
Lomond Hills Hotel
#1 of 1 in Freuchie

Been to Invertiel Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!