“FAB once again!”

Ranked #5 of 13 Kirkcaldy B&B and Inns
Wishaw
“FAB once again!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Once again I found myself visiting relatives in Kirkcaldy and had no hesitation in booking a room in Ashgrove as on my last visit I had a very enjoyable stay there. Keith, the host, once again, went out of his way to make my stay very comfortable. Since my last visit he has upgraded his dining room with very stylish and elegant chairs. It looks really nice, and he was telling me of his ongoing plans to redecorate although I think the B and B is great the way it is. He has also updated the bed's headboards which look really nice. I was in a different room this time, room 3, and once again the bed was very comfortable and had a great sleep. The walk into town only takes 5 minutes and there are plenty places to have dinner. Breakfast was brilliant and not greasy at all . . . One of my pet hates is greasy food! It was hot and very filling. I will definitely be there again when I have my next family reunion. Keith is a really friendly person and has a great local knowledge with nothing being a problem. I will definitely be in ashgrove again.

Room Tip: I have sampled 2different rooms and I was totally happy. I wouldn't anticipate any problems with...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We always stay at this B&B when travelling back to Kirkcaldy and it's always a pleasure. Keith is a friendly person who has a joke and a smile at all times. The full fry-up breakfast provided is always on time, hot and filling. The beds are comfortable and the location in the town is excellent. Keith provides free sweets and chocolate biscuits in the room and the TV has a wide selection of channels to view. Having lived all over the world the road located outside the B&B is no problem re noise and a comfortable nights sleep is easily achievable. I would highly recommend this particular B&B to any traveler visiting Kirkcaldy!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Keith011, Owner at Ashgrove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hi, Brian and Amelia many thanks for your kind comments it is very much appreciated, it is always a pleasure in having you to stay here at Ashgrove. look forward to coming back in April. Kinds regards Keith
Wishaw
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had a great experience at Ashgrove. I stayed in the family room which was spacious and very comfortable as well as being immaculately clean. The ensuite was also superclean which is something I look for especially. Keith was a great host . . . very friendly without being overbearing and cooked me scrambled eggs to die for!! The best I have tasted to be honest. I would recommend anyone to stop in if they are looking for somewhere to stay in Kirkcaldy and will definitely be back. It was only a short walk from central bars and restaurants but also very quiet for a good nights sleep. Thank you Keith!

Room Tip: Talk to Keith about your requirements . . . he will do his best to accomodate
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Keith011, Owner at Ashgrove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hi Mrs Rintoul, Many thanks for your kind remarks. I am really glad you enjoyed your stay and will look forward to you coming back again hopefully in the near future. Kind regards Keith
Elgin, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Excellent B + B, value for money. Family room was very modern, plenty of space with nice en suite facilities. Landlord was very helpful, breakfast was excellent and totally filling. All round good egg and snappy dresser. Thanks Keith for your patience, we will no doubt be back again. BTW, my mum is fine.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Keith011, Owner at Ashgrove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Hi Bob, Thanks very much for your kind remarks and look forward to you coming back. I am glad to hear your mother is fine. Best regards Keith
Newburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My friend and I stayed here on saturday night - had a great sleep - Keith was very welcoming, and went the extra mile to keep us happy and to meet our needs. Breakfast was great - made fresh, and Keith was filling up our drinks and making sure everything was fine.

Thanks for having us!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Keith011, Owner at Ashgrove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you ladies for your kind remarks it is really appreciated. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and if that hunk from Hollyoaks is coming to Kirkcaldy again I hope you come and and stay at Ashgrove. Kind regards Keith
Elgin
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have now stayed at the Ashgrove every year for the last 4 years. This year we were in the family room which has been nicely refurbished since our last stay. Clean, comfortable with a nice spacious en-suite. In addition to this the breakfast, value for money and the friendly welcome make this our first choice when visiting Kirkcaldy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Keith011, Owner at Ashgrove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Many thanks for your kind remarks look forward to see you all next year. Best Regards Keith
Rushden, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Was very late at night when me and my colleague walked into the Ashgrove to book a room being in Scotland on business all week and staying in a variety of hotels. Was impressed by how clean and tidy the place was, the room was a good size with very cleanly washroom facilities. We had a very good nights sleep and was presented with an extremely large full Scottish breakfast in the morning. The owner was very friendly and also humorous. Recommended if you are in the area. Will certainly be staying again same time next year. Great Stay

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Keith011, Owner at Ashgrove Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Sam, Thank you for your very kind remarks it is much appreciated and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to you staying with us in the future. Kind Regards Keith Christie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkcaldy
Victoria Hotel
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
Ahaven Bed & Breakfast
Ahaven Bed & Breakfast
#7 of 13 in Kirkcaldy

Been to Ashgrove Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!