“Lunch menu - £6.95 a head till five o'clock. Excellent value” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Glass House
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a quaint, petite Italian/ Scottish style restaurant located on North Street in St. Andrews. Right across the road from the famous St Salvadors Quad and Chapel we house a 40 cover restaurant that serves delicious Pasta dishes and the infamous Hand Stretched Pizza's (we are the only restaurant in St. Andrews that does this!). We also offer a bi-daily special that normally includes Seafood that we source locally, but we renowned for our Seafood Linguine. This smoked paprika white wine dish drives the locals and tourists mad with its fresh taste and excellent value for money. This venue is an ideal location for couples, families, tourists and students as we deliver an unrivalled service that shapes itself to your specific requests.
Tayport, United Kingdom
“Lunch menu - £6.95 a head till five o'clock. Excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went at four o'clock and had nice starters for 4 people, cod, risotto, steak and all was very nicely priced and not tiny portions. The restaurant is very small and tables are too close together for my liking. No privacy to talk without others listening. Interesting decor. Well priced wine and attentive waiters.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Edinburgh
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Came here last year and had a really good meal, however ate here recently and was really disappointed. We had steak which was not the best quality and not cooked to our specification. Would think twice before returning.

Visited May 2014
Scott S, Manager at The Glass House, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that your last visit with us was not one that you were satisfied with.
Regarding the quality of the meat, I can only apologise that this was not up to standard. We use the same supplier that we have done for years and the quality is usually very good. I would like to find out more regarding your meal, to ensure that our staff have correctly followed our check-back procedure. We use this method to make sure that every customer is enjoying their meal and if they are not, we can replace it at the time to ensure you leave having had the most of your experience with us. Please feel free to email me at glasshouse@houserestaurants.com

Many thanks,

Scott Smith
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Excellent early evening meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

A friend visiting from Somerset suggested we eat out and so after considering various options in the town we settled on The Glass House. Our friend has some mobility issues and so we originally tried to book for the ground floor in the restaurant, however, there was no availability so we discussed how accessible the upstairs of the restaurant might be. The staff were very helpful as we had to check out these issues and then change the day of the booking as well. Arriving on Saturday at 6pm we were helped to our seats, upstairs, with a member of staff coming forward to carry our friend's mobility walker which was then placed close to our table.
We then enjoyed a delightful meal and were well looked after by Ross. The mushroom and blue cheese risotto was gorgeous and creamy and the sticky toffee pudding was as good as any I have ever tasted.

Scott S, Manager at The Glass House, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear guest,
Thanks for taking the time to write this great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your dining experience and I'm really happy to hear that Ross looked after you so well. We are really pleased with him.
And what a compliment about our sticky toffee!!! I'm glad you liked it so much.

Pop in and see us again sometime!

Thanks,
Scott Smith
UK
“Good value, mostly excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice atmposphere and friendly service. The menu is always interesting and good value, especially at lunch time. This time we ate in the evening. The bruschetta and garlic pizza bread were delicious. The rest of the party were very happy with their pizzas. I dithered which risotto to have and went for the mushroom, red onion and garlic with truffle oil risotto. It was fine, but a little bland and a little bit too al dente for my taste. But we'll undoubtedly be back.

Dundee, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We went there for lunch and thought it was really nice. To start it was easy to find, and when we got inside the decor was really nicely done; it was modern but with traces of the original architecture. I was surprised at how quick we were served and the staff were all really friendly. We sat upstairs on the mezzanine because it was full downstairs, and usually when you sit upstairs you feel really separated from the rest of the restaurant but it wasn't like that here. The food was really good and not too expensive, the price of the lunch included a starter which I didn't get because I thought I might be too full; but when I got the food it was a really small portion so I decided to have the starter after all.