“Amazing views Good food”

St Andrews Bar & Grill
Ranked #55 of 158 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$26 - US$51
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: St Andrews Bar & Grill is set upon a spectacular cliff-top with stunning panoramic views over both our Championship Golf Courses and St Andrews Bay. Serving traditional golfer fayre by day and the finest Scottish steak and seafood by night, Fairmont St Andrews pride themselves on sourcing, local, seasonal produce from the finest farms and suppliers in Scotland. Our Executive Chef has tailored our menu to showcase only the very best ingredients and their passion for promoting local food and drink. After dinner, enjoy drinks or a wee dram on our outdoor decking, the perfect place to watch the sun set over the historic town of St Andrews.
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Went for a meal after a round of golf . very good service from the pleasant staff. The menu during the day is reasonably varied and of a reasonable price . the food is good and well presented . Seating is comfortable with great views over the golf courses towards St Andrews . The burger was excellent as was the fish dish .

1  Thank reloader22

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We made our reservation here prior to our stay at the hotel.
We got a courtesy mini bus too and from the bar & grill, we got seated straight away - a bit disappointing that we never got a table by the window.

The food was impeccable and we found it very hard to find a fault in it. The lobster bisque is mouth watering and just amazing. The duck is amazing and reminded me of being in France. And the cheese board was just perfect.

The atmosphere and service was top notch and would definitely come back here.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

After checking in to the Fairmont and looking at the menu for the Bar &Grill, we went ahead and made our reservations for later that night ESPECIALLY because they had lobster as one of their menu selections and I had been dying to try some Scottish Wild Salmon. When we arrived at the restaurant the staff were all very friendly and professional. The hostess (I think) brought us the drink and wine menu but I asked her what she would buy and, after hearing what we planned to order, she recommended a rose which was incredibly delicious. She kept my glass from ever having it's bottom exposed and I greatly appreciated that. I ordered a half lobster and my partner ordered the steak (which was even more costly than my dish). Now, I've had plenty of lobster before but the menu clearly stated it was "fresh" lobster and that just makes me wonder WHEN was it fresh? I had actually battled with myself over whether to order the whole lobster as well but I was really glad I didn't. Not only was the lobster t i n y but it was as tough as they get. My partners steak, priced at £38 or £36, may have been the worst steak I've ever taken a bite of and ESPECIALLY one from a restaurant at a five star hotel. Upon returning home after our holiday, I went to the market, selected a steak for less than £6, and then grilled it and it was delicious. The chef at this restaurant needs to take more pride in what he sends out to the tables because neither my partner or myself had satisfying plates of food. Should we have sent them back? Absolutely! Did we? No! (But we should have)! Our sticky pudding we shared for dessert was incredible though. The sun was setting as we continued with our meal and it WAS a very beautiful site to look out the window and see.

1  Thank sandi M
Reviewed 5 June 2018

Really didn’t match my expectations after reading the reviews, maybe it’s better on the night. It was freezing in the room also.
I have gave 3 stars mainly due to the view and having clear blue skies
Coming here is a treat as not all of us can afford such luxuries. Started off ok, was quiet and we got sat at a good table next to the window. The waitress took our order for drinks,starter and main.
Then it went wrong, starters of the fish cocktail came, looked lovely, but realised we didn’t even have our drinks and no bowl of lemon and water for our fingers after peeling the prawns. Had to get up to ask, and the drinks order wasn’t even passed on. A bowl for shells would of been a bonus also instead of mixing it back in on the plate.
Mains we chose were the fish in a bun and the lobster roll... but far too much bread.
I loved the view but unfortunately that was it, I found it over priced, if the service had been better than just below average I might of overlooked The comments on the main.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Very nice meal in a nice location with great views. A good varied menu but overall a little pricey, probably capitalising on limited choices in the area and only one other choice (the hotel’s other restaurant) without driving a reasonable distance. The “surf and turf” that I had was the 8oz sirloin with half a lobster. This was relatively expensive at £50 for a main course but it was truly excellent. My wife had a cod and clams dish which she said was also really good.