“ok food but overpriced!”

Jahangir Balti & Tandoori Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 147 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Business meetings, Groups
Description: Welcome to Jahangir, the award-winning tandoori restaurant set in the heart of St Andrews, where you will find the best of Indian cuisine combined with excellent service and a relaxed atmosphere.
Somerset, United Kingdom
“ok food but overpriced!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I'm a regular to St Andrews but this was my first time to this restaurant and it will also be my last. Food was ok but certainly not up to the standard of our local indian restaurant so I found it disappointing - lots and lots of sauce with limited meat; pakora poor; bhajis small; chapatis ok. All in all it was expensive and to me, did not represent good value for money. Staff were pleasant but sorry overpriced for distinctly average quality.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A lovely evening out!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant for the first time and we were not disappointed. The food was lovely, the staff friendly and there was a nice atmosphere. The food did take a while to arrive but it was worth the wait. We will definitely return when we visit st Andrews again.

London
“Nice food but overpriced”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

St. Andrews is expensive (and we live in London!!!) This restaurant is no exception. The food was ok, the staff were very nice, but overall I thought we paid a lot in relation to my local Indian restaurant . Can't say I'd rush back at that price but the staff are worth five stars.

Dorset, United Kingdom
“Good value, good food”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We hadn't booked and everywhere else was full. By the time we left this was full too. Good basic Indian food, some Thai mixed in, friendly service, decent quality. Reliable and standard. We enjoyed it, couldn't finish it all, took the leftovers home and enjoyed them for lunch the next day!

Dundee
“Best place to eat absolutely divine”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I come here regularly and never disappointed with the food. My regular is the yummy butter chicken! I have tried it from various places but you can beat it from here! The waiters take care of you and quick to come back!

• Visited April 2014