A group of 6 of us, all friends from school, stayed at Meadowside for the weekend to celebrate our 40th birthday year. It was an excellent choice!
The "cottage" was huge and very well appointed. The downstairs had a huge open plan kitchen, dining, living area with all the amenities you'd need. Floor to ceiling windows gave us an amazing view across fields to the sea and alongisde was a patio with table and chairs to sit and soak up the early autumn sunshine. The photos online really don't do it justice!
Upstairs were 3 bedrooms made up as twin rooms (they'll make them up as doubles if required). Each one had it's own ensuite so there were no bathroom queues!
There's plenty to do on site - small swimming pool, croquet, tennis, etc, etc - but we used our "cottage" as a great base to visit St Andrews and the surrounding area. There's plenty to see/do in close proximity if you have a car (or are happy to do some walking).
I'd recommend Morton of Pitmilly to anyone who wants top class accommodation, a relaxing break and the chance to explore St Andrews or the surrounding area.We were looking for somewhere to chill out and catch up and Morton of Pitmilly was the perfect choice. Like staying in a 5* hotel but self catering!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning four and five star accommodation...and much more! Morton of Pitmilly countryside resort is set in a stunning location just outside St Andrews, the home of golf, and a stone's throw from Kingsbarns Golf Links. It boasts fantastic sea views and is nestled close to the East Neuk of Fife's picturesque fishing villages. It is more than just award-winning four and five star accommodation - offering extensive leisure facilities and activities. Guests love the tranquil setting which combines space and privacy with first class accommodation, many returning for long or short stays throughout the year. Value for money, commitment to quality and exemplary customer service have led to our ongoing succes sover the years and a belief that we offer the most magical holiday experience in the area. Whether you are arranging a reunion, business workshop, golf trip, quiet weekend away, family gathering or an exclusive use venue for a wedding party, Morton of Pitmilly countryside resort is the perfect location to stay, play and relax. Discover the magic of Morton of Pitmilly for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Morton of Pitmilly Countryside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morton Of Pitmilly Hotel St. Andrews
- Morton Of Pitmilly Countryside Resort St Andrews, Scotland