When my Daughter and now Son in Law decided they wanted to be married in St Andrews I set about trying to find accommodation for the immediate family to stay as I did not want to be stuck in a hotel room for 3 nights having to call room service every time we wanted a cup of tea. A colleague from work mentioned Pitmilly and as soon as I looked at The Steading online it looked exactly what I was looking for. We travelled up to St Andrews from Edinburgh approximately 18months prior to the Wedding and fell in love with everything.....I provisionally booked all 16 Bedrooms there and then. We were in touch with Catherine several times prior to the event and found her so organised. I asked if she could arrange for milk to be delivered into all of the apartments for our guests....not a problem. We arrived on the Friday for the Wedding on the Saturday and everybody just fell in love with the whole site. When the hairdresser and make up girl arrived in the morning the huge space in the living area worked well allowing them to pamper myself, Daughter and three Bridesmaids. The large American style fridge and Wine cooler was well used and as our weather was just fabulous we were able to have breakfast on the terrace. There were 34 of us in total in the group including a couple and baby from Denmark and I received so many Thank you cards following the event ......all I did was book it. Wonderful Accommodation, Wonderful Facilities, Wonderful Staff. Only thing is it is quite difficult to find and no signpost from the Crail road.....easy one you know how.. I wish we could do it all over again....maybe for the 1st Anniversary....LOL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning four and five star accommodation...and much more! Morton of Pitmilly countryside resort is set in a stunning location just outside St Andrews, the home of golf, and a stone's throw from Kingsbarns Golf Links. It boasts fantastic sea views and is nestled close to the East Neuk of Fife's picturesque fishing villages. It is more than just award-winning four and five star accommodation - offering extensive leisure facilities and activities. Guests love the tranquil setting which combines space and privacy with first class accommodation, many returning for long or short stays throughout the year. Value for money, commitment to quality and exemplary customer service have led to our ongoing succes sover the years and a belief that we offer the most magical holiday experience in the area. Whether you are arranging a reunion, business workshop, golf trip, quiet weekend away, family gathering or an exclusive use venue for a wedding party, Morton of Pitmilly countryside resort is the perfect location to stay, play and relax. Discover the magic of Morton of Pitmilly for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Morton of Pitmilly Countryside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morton Of Pitmilly Hotel St. Andrews
- Morton Of Pitmilly Countryside Resort St Andrews, Scotland