“Excellent”

Rocca Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 147 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$26 - US$71
Cuisines: Italian, Scottish
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At Rocca St Andrews our recipe for success is a fusion of exquisite food with a backdrop of one of the world's most famous sporting locations - the Old Course. Like the many champions that have graced the hallowed course, we too top the leaderboard as one of only 25 restaurants in the country with three AA Rosettes in 2013 - a reward for the creativity and passion of the Rocca family. The stunning view over the 18th means guests enjoy much more than just a delicious meal. Our menu features Scottish cooking with an Italian twist. Fresh ingredients are sourced from artisan producers either on our doorstep or in Tuscany and there is something to suit every palate. With a real pedigree in both our front-of-house and in our kitchen, you can rest assured a visit to Rocca will live long in the memory. Come and visit us and let our passion for food become your passion for delicious dining.
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had a delicious meal with some friends very recently at Rocca Grill. Excellent food, excellent service. Would highly recommend. Were fortunate to have a window table - best view in town.

• Visited March 2014
Rocca G, Guest Relations Manager at Rocca Restaurant, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and share your feedback.

I am delighted to hear you had such an excellent evening and enjoyed our superb views. I would agree with you that they are the best in town!

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Rocca in the near future.

Please e-mail me on maurapetrie@roccagrill.com as I would like to add you to our Guest list to keep you updated on our news, exclusive offers and special treats for you!

London, United Kingdom
“Taster menu”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

On our most recent visit to St Andrews from London my wife and visited Rocca Grill, and our only regret is that it took us so long to try it out. We both decided to treat ourselves to the taster menu with wine and were delighted we did. The menu is very well put together and, unlike other taster menus we have tried, the overall portions were just right. My personal favourite was the Mey Beef and my wife's the Scallop and Langoustine lasagne - though we both thoroughly enjoyed the desserts! The service was attentive and knowledgeable without being intrusive, and the view from the restaurant must be one of the best in the town. We both felt that the menu offered excellent value. I heartily recommend Rocca for anyone in St Andrews looking for outstanding food and service, and in a setting that is unique to St Andrews. We will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2014
Rocca G, Guest Relations Manager at Rocca Restaurant, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and sharing your feedback,

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the Tasting Menu and unique setting of Rocca Grill. The views really are stunning and we feel very lucky to enjoy them every day!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rocca Grill on your next visit to St Andrews.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Second visit to this restaurant, enjoyed the tasting menu and wine flight . Service very efficient and friendly. Will go back for a third visit soon.

• Visited March 2014
Rocca G, Guest Relations Manager at Rocca Restaurant, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time it review us on Tripadvisor.

We all look froward to welcoming you back to Rocca soon!

If I can assist with reservations - please contact me directly on maurapetrie@roccagrill.com

Maura
glasgow
“Very good”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Was a Christmas gift and very enjoyable , very good food , nice atmosphere in the restaurant and very good service . Would recommend without hesitation . Extremely good value , I am sure it will become the top restaurant in St Andrews if it isn't already , will certainly consider returning . Wonder if offering a lunch would be a good idea as it only opens in the evening.

Visited February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor.

Delighted you enjoyed your Christmas gift so much and had such a great evening.

Please contact me on maurapetrie@roccagrill.com when you are planning your next visit and I can recommend some alternatives for lunch - Afternoon Tea perhaps?

We all forward to welcoming you back soon!

Dundee, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The tasting menu is stunning, and amazingly there is a veggie option. It's a long time since I've been served food with service as excellent as this!! The staff were so attentive but unobtrusive and dutifully explained every dish without fault.
The only downside was the decor, unbelievably gloomy with some very odd lighting (floor lamps and wall lamps together? Really?). The tables would gave benefited from tablecloths which would have dispensed with the awful table mats.
The food more than made up for the gloom but please lighten it up.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor and sharing your feedback on our stunning food and excellent service.

I am surprised you found the restaurant decor gloomy - I have never had such feedback before. I am sorry it was not to your taste.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rocca Grill. Please contact me directly on maurapetrie@ roccagrill.com for reservations.