“Blown around... at speed!”

Blown Away Experiences
More attraction details
Owner description: Blown Away is a mobile outdoor experience company which specializes in beach based activities. which include Landyachting, Beach Kayaking, Zapcatting, Beach Olympics and many more. Action takes place on sandy beaches and shorelines around Scotland.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Blown around... at speed!”
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I never thought land yachting could be so much fun! Not coming from a sailing background I thought it would be pretty hard to actually get going on the things but Guy and Jamie are such an enthusiastic and encouraging pair and had my friends and I tearing around the beach in St Andrews in no time!

An absolutely brilliant way of getting out and about and I would strongly recommend giving it a go!

Visited September 2010

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Amazing day out!”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I had such an amazing day with these guys. I went land yachting and zap catting. Land yachting was so much fun when i arrived at the beach everything was set up ready to go. They went through safty and gave everyone helmets they then talked talked everyone through the basics. Then one of them gave a demonstration and then got us into the land yachts and made sure we were happy with how to do it and set a course for us to go round. I got so much speed up on them. They were constantly encouraging and giving everyone tips on how to adjust the sail to get more speed and how to turn better. They tought everyone really well and nobody was disapointed at the end of it.
Zap catting just simply amazing. We were kitted out with drysuits and helmets and they went through all the safety. One of them drove and I sat holding on to the rope I couldnt believe how fast they actually went even when cornering these things were glued to the water but when we hit a wave they took of and we got some great air so fun. I think to fully appreciate just how fun it is you have to try it. These two guys were so friendly and always laughing. They were really good teachers they made sure everyone fully understood everything. Thanks for the great day out.

Visited January 2011
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“'Get blown away...'”
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Blown away is a really well-run, fun experience. The owners, Guy and Jamie, offer a great service and create the perfect balance between professionalism and good fun.

Land yachting, although it takes a minute to get the hang of, with the expert instruction from the boys wasn't difficult to pick up and once you get going is a lot of fun.

With reasonable prices, excellent customer service and a great day out I would highly recommend Blown Away.

Visited January 2011
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Awesome Awesome Fun”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I went on a day with Blown Away experiences on West Sands in St Andrews. The two guys who run it were enthusiastic and cool, and the activities were fantastic. I did Land-Yachting and Zapcatting. With the first I was worried about my size; I am 6'8 and quite heavy, but they were cool about it and it worked great. The wind was quite strong and we were zipping about at what seemed a really fast pace; up on two wheels and everything - and all on the first time I had ever been land-yachting!! I was suprised how easy it was; the instructors got us all going really quickly and obviously knew their stuff - they obviously took safety really seriously but it came across really laid-back because they are so friendly about it. Their objective was clearly to give us the best time possible, and they definately suceeded!!

Zapcatting was pretty much indescribable in words - ABSOLUTELY ruddy amazing!! I had a grin on my face for about 2 days afterwards, and a hoarse throat from all the whooping. At first the fact that we don't get to control the zapcats ourselves, but are just passengers made me joke with the instructors about taking control for myself before we went. As soon as we went though, I realised why they don't let clients control them - they are utterly utterly mental!! They are so fast, and the g-force around the corners and the height you get jumping the waves is brilliant.

The whole day was fantastic, and Guy and Jamie, the two young blokes who run it, were really enthusiastic and helpful. The activities were epic, and the price was really reasonable. I have tried to think of any negatives to make this a balanced review, but all I can think of is that its weather dependent for wind etc. However, apparently Blown Away will reschedule or refund if weather throws a spanner in the works, so thats not really a problem.

I really couldn't recommend Blown Away more strongly, both in terms of their great activities and their helpfulness and friendliness.