“Simply the Best”

Lone Star Bed & Breakfast Haven
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Lone Star Bed & Breakfast Haven
Ranked #53 of 77 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Simply the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Lone Star Luxury B&B is simply the best place I have ever stayed. I stayed for a few days in 2011 and couldn't wait to go back. The hosts have an excellent eye for detail and every detail is designed to make your stay memorable. The beds and linens are all first class. The rooms, even though in an historic carriage house, are all large and have private, oversize, modern baths. The common areas of the house are delightful and lend themselves to getting to know the hosts and other guests. The food is over the top. I didn't realize how much I loved Scottish food. The gardens and yards are beautiful and becoming more so every day. I definitely felt like family by the time I left. I recommend Lone Star Luxury B&B for anyone, especially anyone who is interested in golf and/or a getaway.

Room Tip: All the rooms are spacious, comfortable, and quiet. If you have special needs, just ask
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Bonnie B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

This was by far the best and most comfortable B&B we stayed in while in Scotland, without a doubt. The rooms were heavenly: fabulous beds, large & modern private baths, and each room was oversized - a feature hard to find in other B&Bs. The mornings were quiet and allowed us to sleep in if we so desired. Once up for the day, we were greeted with the most fantastic breakfast (it puts any restaurant to shame). There was a spread that was incredible including homemade breads & pastries, and on top of that, a made to order breakfast if you so desired. This breakfast was legendary. I only wish I could replicate it at home!
The hosts Bill & Cheryl (and Bubba!) are so welcoming that you will feel like family at the end of the stay. I would love to go back and spend more time at Lone Star. It was the highlight of the trip for sure!

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank czent
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stayed with Cheryl and Bill for two days in September. This place was the highlight of our trip accommodations. It was a vacation from our vacation. The house is amazing, the decor is 1st class all the way. There are no details missed. They have a lovely garden area and the rural setting is so peaceful and welcoming.

Thanks for the amazing time!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank kent1228
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

Walked in thinking I would find typical (in my experience) B&B; walked out knowing it was my favorite place on a trip that included stays at world renowned resorts. Cheryl and Bill have appointed Lone Star with first class everything, then comes the food. Over the top. Best breakfasts I may have ever had in a relaxed, comfortable setting. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Mark J
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have been to this place twice, once in May of 2010, and again in May of 2011. First time I was on my own. Second time I went with my husband and another old college friend. It is so beautiful and cozy--beds are amazing, as are the baths. And both of those items are not necessarily so easy to find in historical buildings in the UK.

The gardens and grounds are lovely, and getting lovelier all the time. We are into birds, and there are birds galore just in the back garden. The food is amazing; hostess is a world-class cook, and host is a man of parts, and both are very entertaining. I really can't say enough about the facilities, hosts, and food. Oh yes, and then there is all the golf you could possibly want, and easy train station to get to other places, like Edinburgh, etc. Hosts are most accommodating on providing rides, and all the best advice about what to see, where to eat, where to shop, everything. I am recommending this place to all my friends.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Leslie M
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We had the pleasure of 7 nights at the Lone Star Luxury Bed and Breakfast, located about 4 miles outside of St. Andrews. Bill and Cheryl have turned a 250 yr. old carriage house into a showplace 4 bedroom B&B - each with a private bath. We relaxed and enjoyed gourmet meals, evening drinks on the patio, playing Bubba the Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and generally taking in their hospitality and warmth. Highly recommended, hope to see them again next year!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank Bill92749
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

Bill and Cheryl are the best! They love their country (Scotland and Texas) and the food, rooms and caring attention reflects this legacy of hospitality.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends