“2 for 1 burgers!”

Price range: US$3 - US$14
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The VIC is a twin venue of sorts, like the Olsens, except everyone here is a healthy eater and we don't see ourselves being billionaires anytime soon. There’s the pub/kitchen, which pretty much does exactly what it says on the tin, clinkity clink drinks from crafty craft beer to posher than posh teacup gin serves. Food glorious food, there may or may not be hot sausage and mustard (depending on the day and the chef's mood and whether or not we were able to catch fresh sausages that morning). The social club, although on the same floor as the pub/kitchen, is on an altogether lower level morally. The DJs are fresher than the air up on the 11th hole, totally non generic and they show up and play records really good. Then there's the one off club nights, the ceilidh and a whole bunch of other great stuff.We’re all about cheap as chips food, shin digs befitting of this ancient old town, cocktails, fairy tales, and pretty much anything else we can get away with doing in a licensed premises that won't result in our long suffering manager and his associates spending a casual weekend in the jailhouse.Free wifi access is available every day of the week, ideal if you’ve got a working lunch or just feel like a nosey on Facebook.
St Andrews, United Kingdom
“2 for 1 burgers!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We come here for 2-for-1 burgers every Sunday after church, and we typically bring a crowd with us. They usually aren't terribly busy when we get there, however, this past Sunday, they were completely full. Stephanos seemed to be the only person working the floor at the time (although another staff member did finally show up after we got there), and he never skipped a beat. He went from table to table, making sure each guest was taken care of. He literally never stopped moving, from taking orders, making drinks, getting food from the kitchen, delivering the food, cleaning tables, seating new tables, running back to take more orders and make more drinks. Despite the fact that he clearly needed more staff, our meal was great. We were served quickly and our food came out piping hot and fast. I don't know how he did it, but Stephanos did a great job!

1 Thank Clayton R
Vic C, Manager at Vic Pub\Kitchen and Social Club, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thanks for the amazing review, Clayton!

It's great to know that Stephanos managed to 'wow' you during that super busy lunch service and that you really enjoyed your lunch!

Can't wait to see you guys again this Sunday! :)

Dundee, Scotland
“Great Food, Long Wait”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

After a girly shopping trip in St Andrews, I decided to stop at the Vic for some yummy food with my mum and sister as I have heard very good things about the place however, there was some disappointment.

The interior decoration and atmosphere is young, fun and energetic, it is beautiful and unique...definitely different. Seats are very random; some hard, some cushioned, some foldable...but yeah, it added to the atmosphere although try get a seat you are comfy with...mines has super amounts of base padding!

Menu is pretty standard and has plenty of options even for me, the fussy one; I decided to go for original burger and cheese (without cheese and plain) as everyone loves a good old burger! Loved the pint glass that my coke was in also, very traditional pint glass which I absolutely love and just the right amount of ice. However, it was once the order was placed that the experience went downhill.

After waiting half an hour, the staff member in charge apologised for the delay with the food however, it then took another ten minutes for the first of our orders to arrive which was my mum and sisters basically "cheese on toast with chips" which was a little burnt but they still enjoyed it. It took a further five minutes for my burger to arrive however, it had the wrong fries; I got curly fries and just wished for the standard ones. The staff member got this sorted and brought the meal back out with standard chips however, the burger did have mayo on it but it was a thin enough layer for me to scrape off.

The food was good however, the delay was very disappointing as I then had to rush to work once I was finished. I would like to say a big thanks to the staff member who served us as he was lovely and paid attention to all the customers there despite being on his own.

• Visited August 2014
Vic C, Manager at Vic Pub\Kitchen and Social Club, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write us a detailed review on your recent visit to our venue!

We're obviously delighted to read that you enjoyed the food and that our team were able to amend the issue with the chip mix-up.

We'd like to apologize about the delay and would like to know more information. If you can, please can you contact us at hello@vicstandrews.co.uk to discuss this further :)

We look forward to hearing from you again!

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Icky decor but dont let that put you off”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Lunch: fajitas, burger, club sandwich (no, I did not eat them all but was lunching with two others). Food was good, service friendly. Pity about the decor (but I am entering middle-age) but food was good and service friendly, prices fair IMHO.

• Visited August 2014
Thanks for the review and your comments about our amazing food and service.

We're sad to read that you didn't appreciate our quirky decor, especially since it's one of the many factors that makes the Vic so awesome :)

Come see us again!
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Great place for a night out”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My friends and I stumbled across the vic bar by accident and I'm glad we did! Great night was had by all, fab music, great bowls of punch and cocktails served in jam jars.

• Visited July 2014
We're really glad that you stumbled upon us too, Debbie!

Thanks for the awesome review and it's great to read that you had an amazing night!

Come and visit us again soon! :)

Dundee, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service & atmosphere. Lovely staff.”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A perfect ending to a lovely day out in St Andrews. Great service by all the staff, excellent food recommendation by Stefanos. Food arrived and was great and I even stretched to desert.

A great relaxed atmosphere, great music and I would recommend that you stop by.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank katiej4500
VicCafe, Manager at Vic Pub\Kitchen and Social Club, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Cheers for the great review, Katie!

It's good to know that Stephanos looked after you and recommended a few of our top dishes! You'll need to come back so you can try out the rest of our amazing menu!

Can't wait for you to return!