“Superb course, lovely layout”

The Duke's St Andrews
More attraction details
Owner description: The Duke's, owned and managed by the Old Course Hotel, is a lush, heathland golf course perched on the hillside just a few minutes from the hotel. Noted in Golf World's Top 100 Courses in the Scotland, this championship 18-hole course has magnificent greens, beautiful fairways, a fleet of electric golf buggies and five tees on every hole, making it most appealing to golfers of all abilities. Don't forget to visit The Duke's Clubhouse, a popular and relaxed dining venue with stunning views of St Andrews and beyond. The award-winning Duke’s Clubhouse offers a hearty selection of traditional food to warm the cockles of any weary golfer’s heart - tune in to the post-golfing analysis over a pint of beer or head on to the deck and catch a few rays of sun with a gin and tonic in hand.
Reviewed 11 July 2012

First time playing the course and really enjoyed it. Staff were all extremely helpful and starter explained about yardages in simple, clear manner before tee-off. The course itself is tricky in parts but on the whole it is a wonderful golf experience. Strategically placed fairway bunkers, well groomed fairways and true greens make The Duke's well worth a visit. I honestly couldn't pick out 1 hole above any other as they are all unique in their own way. In my opinion this is a course which any golfer will appreciate. Even managed to get a reasonably dry day. Can't wait for next visit.

2  Thank Scott D

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Our family group of three, age range from 10 to 60, turned up wet and tired from a halfway through the final leg of the Way of St Andrews long hike at the club house. Although my boots were the mudiest my wife told me to go in to see if they would possibly allow us or to buy some food. To my great surprise the staff welcomed us and we enjoyed a very enjoyable and welcome lunch time snack. We will certainly be recommending this place to others on the way of St Andrews. Well done. The staff.

2  Thank hugh106
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We were invited by some friends to have coffee there. The service provided, from walking in, to leaving, was just the BEST! The owners should be very proud of their employees.

1  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Just be careful what you order if (like us) you only wanted a light lunch - my husband ordered a club sandwich and got a huge plate ful. It was very good though. My husband says they also do great bacon rolls

1  Thank jo7Scotland
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Golf course was great (although golf not so!) and food and surrounds were really good.

1  Thank Alandangie