“Excellent stay & service”
Review of Deveron House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Deveron House
Ranked #42 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed for 7 nights -- terrific breakfast and rooms. I was in St Andrews for my son to get started at the University and to play golf -- and I had a terrific time (and place to stay).

Graeme & Marion went out of their way for me -- including sending the starter from the Old Course (JJ) out to find me on the golf course when they had a cancellation to confirm they had spot for me to stay.

The location was terrific -- short walk from golf and university/shops.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 September 2012

Room was fine - but decor a little tired. Bed - mattress and pillows too soft for me so led to not very much sleep (Mattress seemed to be old double bed one balanced ontop of 2 single divans)

Breakfast - OK but limited choice. if you dont like citrus then water is your option. Offer full scottish breakfast but if you are vegetarian then there are limited options other than fried eggs. i asked for poached eggs and got told that they didnt know how to do that. Also you are allocated 2 bits of toast - this decreases if you ask for say beans on toast. likewise tea is enough for one cup. Once you've been given your hot stuff the host doesnt make a reappearance to see if you want any more tea or toast or to see if you are OK in general.

Initial welcome was good but dont see host afterwards. Lots of rules to read in the guide though!

Great location - very close to university, beach, shops etc

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank northernstarfish
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Nice and cosy B&B right in the middle of the very cute St Andrews. Helpful and friendly staff. Good cooked breakfast but I missed some cheese or ham with the toast. The room was quite small but there was a common room downstairs, which I never used but it looked nice.They could invest in slightly larger TVs and I missed a morning paper, but overall a very nice B&B.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

This was the first place where we stayed on our two week family trip to Scotland/Ireland. It was so great!!
It may be a little small or "quaint" to those who are accustomed to more fancy places, but as far as I am concerned, it's just what we needed.
The room was small and everything that we needed. I do wish there had been more outlets where we could plug things in. Our room had two, I believe.
There was a tv, with one channel, but we weren't there to watch tv so it hardly mattered.
There were several options for breakfast, and all the ones we tried were delicious.
The staff was very helpful and friendly. Graham spent a long time during breakfast talking to us about golf and the surrounding area. Unfortunately, we didn't get to meet Marian, as she was out of town.
St. Andrews itself is a wonderful place. It was extremely relaxing and calm. There were several shops that my sister and I visited while the rest of the group golfed. There were also some great ruins and a beautiful cemetery.
The only problem is that mostly everything closed at 5:30.

The whole place had a feeling of home, very comfortable and safe. I felt like I could stay forever.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Satruman
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Delightful B&B -- clean, comfortable, and quiet with exceptionally friendly and helpful proprietors. The location is ideal if you have business at St Andrews University (and it's an easy walk to the golf course and other town attractions as well). Good selection for breakfast, with hot items made to order. As a vegetarian, I always had plenty to eat. I will look forward to staying here again if I have the pleasure of another visit to St Andrews.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jfisler
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Very friendly, helpful and hands on proprietors. Property easy to find and very convenient for all the main spots in St Andrews. Rooms comfortable and clean and adequate in size. Breakfast outstanding!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank SammyHo
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Good location and friendly welcome and nice breakfast.

Sorry to say I found the room we had to be on the grubby side.... I moved the bedside cabinet to plug in my hairdryer and the dust was very visible whereit had built up when the furniture had been vaccuumed around. Also the shower cubicle had mould on the doors and the rail which holds the shower head in place was very loose. The bathroom floor was a grey tile and there was dirt inbetween the tiles :( sadly the room and en-suite just felt grubby and I don't think the nice breakfast outweighed the lack of cleanliness.

Also 9sorry to moan) the room has one small mirror and no full length mirror so you need to know the clothes you have packed look nice on you!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple