“Scottish charm at its finest”
Review of Deveron House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Deveron House
Ranked #43 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My son and I spent six nights here and it was the most enjoyable stay I have had in years on trips. The hosts Marion and Graham and family made us feel like we were special from the time we arrived to the sad day we had to leave. Graham is an avid golfer as are we and help us get on the Old Course twice and help us with Tee times throughout the week. Hearty Scottish breakfast every morning and clean rooms everyday. Already planning a return trip to St Andrews and there is only one place I will stay. Deveron House.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ron T

Reviewed 7 March 2013

we stayed there for 6 nights during a conference at the University. Great location, very helpful staff, very good atmosphere and very filling scottish breakfast!
The charm of St Andrews town operates also in this house! I will highly recommend this address to family and friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Camanu
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here for one night in a double room and it was just want we wanted. Everything was great: the location, the room, the owners (so welcoming!), and the full Scottish breakfast! I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cmw10
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Lovely place, lovely owner with charming children, great full Scottish breakfast and service. Nicely situated in the heart of St Andrews near St Salvator Church, College Gate, and the Cathedral ruins. Free wifi in all rooms. Ideal location for university visitors like me and, of course, lovers of golf unlike me!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My husband and I stayed for an overnight recently, our daughter is at the University and we were there to celebrate her 18th birthday therefore we were not in the room much other than to sleep, it was clean and comfortable and ideal for our needs, breakfast was very good.
Thanks
The Ryce's

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed for 7 nights -- terrific breakfast and rooms. I was in St Andrews for my son to get started at the University and to play golf -- and I had a terrific time (and place to stay).

Graeme & Marion went out of their way for me -- including sending the starter from the Old Course (JJ) out to find me on the golf course when they had a cancellation to confirm they had spot for me to stay.

The location was terrific -- short walk from golf and university/shops.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Room was fine - but decor a little tired. Bed - mattress and pillows too soft for me so led to not very much sleep (Mattress seemed to be old double bed one balanced ontop of 2 single divans)

Breakfast - OK but limited choice. if you dont like citrus then water is your option. Offer full scottish breakfast but if you are vegetarian then there are limited options other than fried eggs. i asked for poached eggs and got told that they didnt know how to do that. Also you are allocated 2 bits of toast - this decreases if you ask for say beans on toast. likewise tea is enough for one cup. Once you've been given your hot stuff the host doesnt make a reappearance to see if you want any more tea or toast or to see if you are OK in general.

Initial welcome was good but dont see host afterwards. Lots of rules to read in the guide though!

Great location - very close to university, beach, shops etc

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business