“Great location, helpful staff and good breakfast :-)”
Review of Deveron House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Deveron House
Ranked #40 of 72 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Kilrea, United Kingdom
“Great location, helpful staff and good breakfast :-)”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have just returned from staying for 3 nights with Marion who treated us well and along with her staff make you feel very welcome, the purpose of the visit being a Wedding at the University across the street. I am not into Golf which St Andrews is famous for but if you are then you will certainly be in your element. :-)
It is located within walking distance of all of the local sites and attractions and when you walk out the door take the first street on the left which will take you onto Market Street which is the main shopping area in town.
I plan to return sometime in the future to explore the local area at my leisure because the Wedding i was there for took up 3 of the 4 days we were there which just flew in for this reason. :-)

Room Tip: Room 1 is a twin Room on the first floor if this is what you require.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I had an urgent requirement for a hotel on the same day and Marion was able to fit my wife and I in, which was fantastic. We weren't there for long, only 1 night, but we were looked after so very well. Marion made us feel so welcome, treated us like friends and we got chatting for ages over breakfast. Having a wedding that day, I wanted to fill up on breakfast and there was so much on offer I was certainly full! we saw Marion a couple of days later in the town and she remembers us and stopped for a chat, which was great. would definitely go back and would certainly recommend to others for a personal good quality B and B

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan K
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, as did some friends of ours from England. To say Marion and Graham made us feel welcome is an understatement!!! They treated us like old friends! We had never stayed at a B&B or Guest House and weren't sure what to expect --- it was SOOOOOO much nicer than staying in a hotel. Our double room was perfect - the location couldn't be beat (a short walk to the Old Course and to shopping and great restaurants). Deveron House is very charming, but most importantly, very welcoming!!! We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Law1966
Strathroy, Canada
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My son and I spent six nights here and it was the most enjoyable stay I have had in years on trips. The hosts Marion and Graham and family made us feel like we were special from the time we arrived to the sad day we had to leave. Graham is an avid golfer as are we and help us get on the Old Course twice and help us with Tee times throughout the week. Hearty Scottish breakfast every morning and clean rooms everyday. Already planning a return trip to St Andrews and there is only one place I will stay. Deveron House.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ron T
Varmahlid, Iceland
Reviewed 7 March 2013

we stayed there for 6 nights during a conference at the University. Great location, very helpful staff, very good atmosphere and very filling scottish breakfast!
The charm of St Andrews town operates also in this house! I will highly recommend this address to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Camanu
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed here for one night in a double room and it was just want we wanted. Everything was great: the location, the room, the owners (so welcoming!), and the full Scottish breakfast! I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmw10
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Lovely place, lovely owner with charming children, great full Scottish breakfast and service. Nicely situated in the heart of St Andrews near St Salvator Church, College Gate, and the Cathedral ruins. Free wifi in all rooms. Ideal location for university visitors like me and, of course, lovers of golf unlike me!

• Stayed January 2013