“Charming comfortable and welcoming”
Review of Deveron House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Deveron House
Ranked #42 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights this week in this comfortable 6 bedroom guesthouse right in the centre of the old town.
Graham and Marion were very friendly and helpful and made me feel most welcome.
The room (#5) was nicely decorated, had a comfortable king sized bed, ensuite shower room, flat screen TV and fast free wifi.

I will return

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Deveron House

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Recently had a Weekend at Deveron GuestHouse with a good Friend.
We Received a very Warm Welcome into lovely Accomadation.
Spottless and Breakfast Was a Great Start to our (BoysVocation).

We have to say Marion/Graham are Profesionals in this Field.
This will be on our List next time without a Doubt.
Davie/Kenny.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Spending a large amount of time travelling I have to admit that I prefer the anonymity of hotels but this guest house is so centrally located it is an ideal place to place if visiting this historic and attractive city. I was working for the 5 days of my stay at the university - just across the road - so would have preferred a more business-friendly environment with a desk but the free wi-fi connection was very useful. The breakfasts are individually prepared and nourishing but very limited in selection, which became noticeable after 3 or 4 days of the same, and vegetarians were not catered for. Conversation with the host was lengthy if focused upon golf but restricted otherwise. The rooms are comfortable if a little cramped and the bathroom in my room was in need of repairs in that the tap fittings were loose and the shaver-socket did not have any power. Whether in St Andrew's for work or pleasure everywhere is within 5 minutes walk of the guest-hose - university, golf course, beach, cathedral, restaurants and shops - so that alone justifies the otherwise quite high cost per night.

Room Tip: Only 6 rooms available so no preference except that the stairs are quite steep and the rooms are loc...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have just returned from staying for 3 nights with Marion who treated us well and along with her staff make you feel very welcome, the purpose of the visit being a Wedding at the University across the street. I am not into Golf which St Andrews is famous for but if you are then you will certainly be in your element. :-)
It is located within walking distance of all of the local sites and attractions and when you walk out the door take the first street on the left which will take you onto Market Street which is the main shopping area in town.
I plan to return sometime in the future to explore the local area at my leisure because the Wedding i was there for took up 3 of the 4 days we were there which just flew in for this reason. :-)

Room Tip: Room 1 is a twin Room on the first floor if this is what you require.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I had an urgent requirement for a hotel on the same day and Marion was able to fit my wife and I in, which was fantastic. We weren't there for long, only 1 night, but we were looked after so very well. Marion made us feel so welcome, treated us like friends and we got chatting for ages over breakfast. Having a wedding that day, I wanted to fill up on breakfast and there was so much on offer I was certainly full! we saw Marion a couple of days later in the town and she remembers us and stopped for a chat, which was great. would definitely go back and would certainly recommend to others for a personal good quality B and B

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan K
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, as did some friends of ours from England. To say Marion and Graham made us feel welcome is an understatement!!! They treated us like old friends! We had never stayed at a B&B or Guest House and weren't sure what to expect --- it was SOOOOOO much nicer than staying in a hotel. Our double room was perfect - the location couldn't be beat (a short walk to the Old Course and to shopping and great restaurants). Deveron House is very charming, but most importantly, very welcoming!!! We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Law1966
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My son and I spent six nights here and it was the most enjoyable stay I have had in years on trips. The hosts Marion and Graham and family made us feel like we were special from the time we arrived to the sad day we had to leave. Graham is an avid golfer as are we and help us get on the Old Course twice and help us with Tee times throughout the week. Hearty Scottish breakfast every morning and clean rooms everyday. Already planning a return trip to St Andrews and there is only one place I will stay. Deveron House.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends