“Excellent location and very welcoming hosts.”
Review of Deveron House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Andrews
Deveron House
Ranked #44 of 73 St Andrews B&B and Inns
Asia
“Excellent location and very welcoming hosts.”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at this B&B for four nights as my child was starting at the University. From reservation to arrival Marion was very warm and welcoming. Deveron House is ideally located and is very near to the University, it's opposite Yonger Hall and walking distance into the town. Free parking is located directly outside the B&B although it is often full but spaces start to become available after 5pm. The decor of the Bed and Breakfast is very dated so much so that it is rather depressing. The breakfast room seems to be the only bright room in the property. The room was very small and cramped, very dark and the window was covered up by a wardrobe, very dingy. Both room and bathroom were clean enough. The mattress had certainly seen better days as had the pillows which didn't make for the most comfortable nights sleep. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was fine with decent water pressure. The room had a small flat screen TV which worked well. However, at the top of the building the wifi was very unreliable so my advice would be to take a room on the first floor if you need reliable wifi and have luggage to carry. Breakfast was generally cooked to order by Graham who was again an excellent host. There wasn't a huge choice but what was provided was very nice.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are much quieter and rooms on the lower floor have better wifi and are brighter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank greatholsAsia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights this week in this comfortable 6 bedroom guesthouse right in the centre of the old town.
Graham and Marion were very friendly and helpful and made me feel most welcome.
The room (#5) was nicely decorated, had a comfortable king sized bed, ensuite shower room, flat screen TV and fast free wifi.

I will return

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Recently had a Weekend at Deveron GuestHouse with a good Friend.
We Received a very Warm Welcome into lovely Accomadation.
Spottless and Breakfast Was a Great Start to our (BoysVocation).

We have to say Marion/Graham are Profesionals in this Field.
This will be on our List next time without a Doubt.
Davie/Kenny.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Spending a large amount of time travelling I have to admit that I prefer the anonymity of hotels but this guest house is so centrally located it is an ideal place to place if visiting this historic and attractive city. I was working for the 5 days of my stay at the university - just across the road - so would have preferred a more business-friendly environment with a desk but the free wi-fi connection was very useful. The breakfasts are individually prepared and nourishing but very limited in selection, which became noticeable after 3 or 4 days of the same, and vegetarians were not catered for. Conversation with the host was lengthy if focused upon golf but restricted otherwise. The rooms are comfortable if a little cramped and the bathroom in my room was in need of repairs in that the tap fittings were loose and the shaver-socket did not have any power. Whether in St Andrew's for work or pleasure everywhere is within 5 minutes walk of the guest-hose - university, golf course, beach, cathedral, restaurants and shops - so that alone justifies the otherwise quite high cost per night.

Room Tip: Only 6 rooms available so no preference except that the stairs are quite steep and the rooms are loc...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Kilrea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I have just returned from staying for 3 nights with Marion who treated us well and along with her staff make you feel very welcome, the purpose of the visit being a Wedding at the University across the street. I am not into Golf which St Andrews is famous for but if you are then you will certainly be in your element. :-)
It is located within walking distance of all of the local sites and attractions and when you walk out the door take the first street on the left which will take you onto Market Street which is the main shopping area in town.
I plan to return sometime in the future to explore the local area at my leisure because the Wedding i was there for took up 3 of the 4 days we were there which just flew in for this reason. :-)

Room Tip: Room 1 is a twin Room on the first floor if this is what you require.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I had an urgent requirement for a hotel on the same day and Marion was able to fit my wife and I in, which was fantastic. We weren't there for long, only 1 night, but we were looked after so very well. Marion made us feel so welcome, treated us like friends and we got chatting for ages over breakfast. Having a wedding that day, I wanted to fill up on breakfast and there was so much on offer I was certainly full! we saw Marion a couple of days later in the town and she remembers us and stopped for a chat, which was great. would definitely go back and would certainly recommend to others for a personal good quality B and B

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan K
Reviewed 23 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights, as did some friends of ours from England. To say Marion and Graham made us feel welcome is an understatement!!! They treated us like old friends! We had never stayed at a B&B or Guest House and weren't sure what to expect --- it was SOOOOOO much nicer than staying in a hotel. Our double room was perfect - the location couldn't be beat (a short walk to the Old Course and to shopping and great restaurants). Deveron House is very charming, but most importantly, very welcoming!!! We would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple