“Fantastic Property”
other travellers have booked this property
Newly built in 2008 by the present owners, Bag End is a quite unique.
Enjoy the garden patio, dining area, BBQ and even the giant chess set. All with country views Bag End's oak kitchen is a pleasure to use, with access to the garden and outdoor dining area.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Newly built in 2008 by the present owners, Bag End is a quite unique.
The kitchen is superbly fitted with Neff and Bosh appliances and is equipped to a high standard
Bright and sunny for breakfast, stylish and intimate for dinner. An enjoyable holiday luxury.
Handmade by a local craftsman, Bag End's solid Cherrywood staircase curves beautifully.
The best room in the house; have a quick power shower or relax in the beautiful roll top bath.
Enjoy the extra downstairs WC with a large wash bowl, toilet, shaver point and heated mirror.
Lovely wide hallways and displays of vintage 20th Century ceramics add a little quirky style.
King-size master bedroom with dimmable lights, Freeview Television, DVD & black out blinds.
Family room with double bed, single bed, Freeview Tv, dimmable lights and open country views.
Lovey double room with Freeview TV, dimmable lights, blackout blinds and open country views
Even in winter the view from the front door is a delight. Scottish village life at its best.
A little garden detail. Summer brings colour, and light to the lush Fife countryside.
Falkland Palace, Home to Ancient Scottish Kings. Nine miles from Bag End
The Royal and Ancient Golf Club, St Andrews. 9 miles from Bag End
St Andrews cathedral. Nine miles from Bag End
One of the beautifull fishing village on the East Neuk of Fife. 17 Miles from Bag End
Fife Folk Museum, Ceres. 1 Mile from Bag End
Edinburgh Castle. Just an hours drive or a short train journey straight into the the city centre.
One of the rare breed Ryland sheep which habit our large field at the back of the property. They love a little bread...
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

annehende...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Property”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

We spent two nights at Bag End Cottage and would go back in a heartbeat.
The cottage is spotless and has everything you need and more.
The kitchen is well stocked , the bedrooms are lovely and the bathrooms are all stylishly decorated. The owner was very helpful and flexible with our timings . Our party ranged from 80 to 10 years and we all had a ball. There are plenty of games and toys for rainy days but we were really lucky and had glorious weather which set of the lovely surroundings perfectly. Don't hesitate to book this, you wont be disappointed.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole cottage and the area
Liked least: Nothing . It was all lovely
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
10 Oct 2016
I couldn't have said it better myself. :-) Your thought and comments really do mean so much and we are so very happy that everyone had a good time!
lebrid
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent property with everything you could need”
Reviewed 30 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We stayed here ( 4 adults and 2 one year olds) for a short break and it was just great. The cottage is modern and well laid out. The owners provide pretty much everything you could need and the friendly owners were always on hand to help if needed. They even put up stair gates which was great for inquisitive little ones. A built in BBQ is found out the back in the large patio area accessed from the kitchen. There is even a giant chess board outside. The patio was ideal for the little ones to crawl about on. There is also a large play area which older kids would love. I would highly recommend this place. I was worried about it being too secluded but we spent most days in nearby St Andrews which was easily accessible while the husbands made the most of the nearby golf courses! There is loads to do in the area to keep you busy but you'd be just as happy staying in the cottage too.

Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Jaxhar10
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautiful modern cottage, tastefully designed and fully equipped.”
Reviewed 24 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

A gem of a cottage situated in quiet, idyllic location ideal for exploring the area. It's a modern spacious design with tasteful interiors and a large fully equipped kitchen.
The owner Mark was both welcoming and helpful. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lots of Windows making it airy & bright.
Liked least: Plug too far from mirror to dry hair.
Travelling group: Friends
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
neil377
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very nice accommodation - recommended.”
Reviewed 17 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We stayed at bag end for a long weekend, 4 of us in total. Mark was very helpful both with moving our original booking date and providing lots of info about the surrounding area on our arrival. Bag end is a high quality accommodation with all stuff you'd need and was a really pleasant stay. I'd be happy to come back here and would recommend bag end to anyone thinking about booking it. The others in our group were also impressed with it. Thanks!

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
18 Apr 2016
Happy to hear that you and your the rest of your group were happy. We try very hard and its great when people appreciate our efforts. I look forward to possibly seeing you again at some future date.

Regards
Mark
Emily B
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 15 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I am a 19 year old female who visited this lodge with my friends.

Firstly I would like to say that the cottage was lovely, it was very comfortable to live in and well decorated. Unfortunately we had some problems with the owner Mark. The one thing we noticed as soon as we arrived was that Mark and his family lived in the same building as us. This was never mentioned before we booked and made us feel very uncomfortable, I was there to celebrate my birthday and had we known this we would not have booked Bag End as we did not want to disturb anyone. Secondly, we were scalded as we are a group of 18/19 year olds. Apparently this is not allowed and the youngest the cottage is booked out to is groups of the age 25 and over. This is not stated on the enquiry form but stipulated on the terms and conditions which very few people read. Although I did not read the terms and conditions before hand this should have been checked before we booked. When I mentioned this to Mark he claimed I 'lied about our age' which again even though I did not read the terms and conditions, I never verbally lied or even told him how old we were because I was never asked. The other problem that rose during our visit was how we were spoken to- as soon as it was revealed how old we are, we were treated like children and spoken down to. Lastly, after we left the cottage I was sent multiple texts from Mark claiming we left the house in a state to the point where he needed to refurbish a kitchen counter. We had been up for 2 hours before hand cleaning the house and I can confidently say it was not a mess, it was not perfect but it was not in anyway a mess. He came in before we left and did not check the house which he should have done instead of contacting me once we had left the property. The texts I was sent from Mark were very harassing as he continued to contact me even after I asked him not to and any response I made apparently 'reflected my age.'

When I let Mark know that I would be writing this review he threatened me with 'any attempt to leave a negative review will either be immediately removed or will be met with a robust legal response from our solicitor.' which I again received through text message.

Please reconsider Bag End Cottage if you are looking for a fun week/weekend away as you will not get it, it is more of a family holiday if anything else.

21 Apr 2016
Sadly after many years of looking after our guests and receiving over 80 x 5 star reviews, we sadly had a group that booked that feel they did not get what they hoped for.

I am very sorry that these guests felt aggrieved but I am sure that the public will not take this review seriously as reading the review says all that needs to be said about how this this booking went and reflects exactly the apparent age and responsibility of the guests.

We work extremely hard to offer people great accommodation, in a great location which is good value for money and whilst we could request to have this review removed, we feel it is important that guest should be able to read evry review that we receive.

If this review concerns you or if you would like to ask further questions about Bag End, we are always at the end of the phone to talk.

Regards
Mark Richardson
Bag End Cottage.
AdamFairw...
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Not Happy”
Reviewed 15 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

If you want to have an enjoyable time , reconsider going here as the owner lives in the same building as you with one locked door separating you. Me and my group of 5 friends were very respectful and were constantly hassled by the owner which made the experience very disappointing, was also texted very disrespectfully after the 5 days telling me how much mess and dirt was left when it was very clean. He was also very rude to everyone in my group and swore at us for being slightly too loud which he stated at the start of the week that was completely okay as he claimed he understood that we were on holiday, which was definitely not the case. Very unhappy with the treatment and would not return.

22 Apr 2016
Dear reader... I feel I obviously need to respond to this review. This review was sadly written by a group of teenagers that treated the cottage with the utmost disrespect and then have used this platform to express their childish feedback. On our booking form we clearly state we do not accept group of people under 25 for obvious reasons, which they agreed to. However, they consequently turned out to be a group of teenagers who left the cottage in an absolutely disgusting state and a lot of extra cleaning help was needed to put things right.

There are also some expensive repairs that now need to be undertaken and they have compounded this insulting review by posting this and another negative and totally untrue review. I have applied for this second review to be removed as this is totally unacceptable behaviour and I would hope that responsible and trusting readers on Trip Advisor will give this review very little attention. As a long term owner with almost 100% 5 star reviews, this behaviour saddens and disappoints me.
KFM17986
Boston, Massachusetts
“Bag End Cottage”
Reviewed 7 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The Bag End Cottage was absolutely wonderful. My family and I came from the US, and it was a home away from home. Clean, tidy, well decorated and comfortable. Mark was also a pleasure to work with. We all wished we could of stayed longer!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing