The location of the hotel is excellent, adjacent to the 18th fairway of the Old Course. The rooms are pleasant but no more, the bathroom had a number of cracked floor tiles and the room was a little cramped. Breakfast was reasonable - service was a bit slow and the breakfast was not of good quality, it was okay - no more. Lounge areas in and adjacent to reception are pleasant and the staff are mostly very helpful - I had a problem with my room key card on three occasions which was a bit of a nuisance but, generally, the hotel is decent enough and, as I said earlier, the location is second to none. Perhaps if it were to apply high quality service and principles then this could be an outstanding hotel. I would recommend staying here as a golfer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews is a golfers paradise. Overlooking the world famous Old Course, you can indulge in a round or simply watch others tee'ing off from our comfortable R Bar. Our award-winning Rocca Bar & Grill serves the finest and freshest food against the backdrop of the Old Course's 18th hole. Our luxurious bedrooms are the perfect place to rest your head after a day exploring this beautiful seaside town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Rusacks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Rusacks St Andrews
- Hotel Macdonald Rusacks
- Rusacks Hotel
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel St Andrews, Scotland