This was our second stay at this hotel having had a really enjoyable trip last year. This time we had a few problems - a really terrible smell on the ground floor caused by drainage works (to be fair outside the control of the hotel) which meant that the bar was not very pleasant and also some surprisingly temperamental plumbing in the room.
However I struggle to see how it can be rated terrible as some have done - the location is great, the rooms are fine and the restaurant is really good with a stunning view of the 18th hole of the old course. Management responded promptly and sensibly to the criticisms above and have assured me that the smell has now gone and that they will look into the plumbing. As a result we will use the hotel again expecting it to up to its previous standard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews is a golfers paradise. Overlooking the world famous Old Course, you can indulge in a round or simply watch others tee'ing off from our comfortable R Bar. Our award-winning Rocca Bar & Grill serves the finest and freshest food against the backdrop of the Old Course's 18th hole. Our luxurious bedrooms are the perfect place to rest your head after a day exploring this beautiful seaside town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Macdonald Rusacks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Rusacks St Andrews
- Hotel Macdonald Rusacks
- Rusacks Hotel
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel St Andrews, Scotland