We stayed as part of a large group for two nights in May. The weather was fab and the golf was apparently amazing. The staff was extremely nice. We were early and had to take our bags & clubs, etc down to a locker area for storage. There was one person to help which he valiantly did. Also, the clubs then needed to be schlepped back up (there were quite a few stairs and distances involved) to be used right away. It was a bit of a jumble and wonder if a room on the first floor for storing all our things would have been a better approach?
There is a smallish elevator to the rooms, (though on the third floor need you to climb a few stairs to get to some 4th floor rooms (?)) which is often used by staff. In the morning leave a couple minutes extra to use it, or there's an old large stairway that we used, too. it is original, charming, the steps a little angly shall we say, so just be careful. a little tricky after a couple of pints! The room was very large and the bed comfy and big called The Starters Box rm 325. We overlooked the old course from one window (all of which opened); bathroom was very good and must have been redone. It was large with a shower.
We ate at the restaurant and again the staff were super. The steak was cooked right, though 2 next to me were served raw instead of medium. It was just okay main course. My chocolate dessert was good. The bfast was really good, but I took the last to go coffee cup day one and they hadn't replenished on day two. It was just funny that a golf hotel ran out of to go coffee cups.
I found out about the botanical garden in beautiful St. Andrews on my own and think it would have been an excellent option for non-golfing partners and left brochures with the hotel staff who were very receptive to the idea. They were helpful with maps and directions so ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel in St Andrews is a golfers paradise. Overlooking the world famous Old Course, you can indulge in a round or simply watch others tee'ing off from our comfortable R Bar. Our award-winning Rocca Bar & Grill serves the finest and freshest food against the backdrop of the Old Course's 18th hole. Our luxurious bedrooms are the perfect place to rest your head after a day exploring this beautiful seaside town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Macdonald Rusacks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Rusacks St Andrews
- Hotel Macdonald Rusacks
- Rusacks Hotel
- Macdonald Rusacks Hotel St Andrews, Scotland