“Tasty and allergy friendly!”
Review of Zizzi - St Andrews

Zizzi - St Andrews
Ranked #86 of 152 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$13 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.St Andrew's might be famous for its golf, but it's also home to Zizzi on South Street. If you're making a special trip to the cinema, theatre or even concerts, we're only a 10 minute walk away. Better still, maybe you just don't want to cook, in which case come enjoy some fine Italian cuisin alongside a glass or two of Prosecco. A deceptively small front opens into a spacious, relaxing restaurant able to cater for large parties and intimate diners.Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And if you’re celebrating something special, see if our private dining area is right for you.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

In the minefield of trying to eat out with Coeliac disease and an egg allergy, this is an amazing place. The allergen menu lists everything in the menu with a cross checker list of allergens including gluten, egg, milk, fish, soya and nuts. There might have been more! The allowed dishes still gave me an excellent choice and I went for a seafood spiedini which was incredible, super tasty and plentiful. My husband got a spicy calzone and scoffed every bit, then finished my potatoes too. Thumbs up. Also worth a mention was the waiter went to the kitchen and made absolutely sure that my food was cooked in a separate grill so there was no possible contamination.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My daughter and I stopped in for lunch last week and we're quite delighted. The food was excellent, service was attentive and the kitchen produced our choices quickly. We shared the appetizer platter and also ordered the warm cheese pot. We were full and happy when finished. Only real drawback was interesting. Sunday seemed to be family day and there were several tables of little ones. To the restaurant's credit, the tables of youngsters were grouped together to allow a quieter environment for the other diners.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Excellent Italian. Fresh ingredients. Wood fire oven baked pizza in an oval shape. Modern unpretentious ambiance. Just great Italian. Recommended for good reason by locals.

Gary
an American living in Germany

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

It is difficult to often get table reservations at many places in St Andrews so having Zizzi's in town is very useful as it is quite large and tables are generally available particularly early evening. Although it a national chain they really do make an effort to make it feel like a family run restaurant. I find it difficult to go part the pizzas particularly the Mezzo and Mezzo. I have lived in Italy so know what pizzas are supposed to be like and at Zizzi's the really make a good try. They have a dedicated pizza oven which pretends to be wood fired but it isn't. Having said that it's not far off.

1  Thank Neil E
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We were served by a very attentive and helpful waitress. The decor has been updated since our last visit. I am not sure if I like the tree growing out of the floor! The starters were tasty but we found the main courses lacked flavour. My partner had the King Prawn Linguine and counted six prawns in the dish. The desserts were the highlight of the meal. We would recommend the ChocolateToffee and Lemon sundaes.There was a good buzz in the place - patronised by families and couples. Although the restaurant was busy service was prompt.

1  Thank scottishfisherlass