“For golfers bad non golfers :)”

British Golf Museum
Book In Advance
US$780.16*
Private Tour to Kingsbarns Distillery and St Andrews
US$107.61*
Shore Excursion to St Andrews from South Queensferry
US$914.67*
and up
Shore Excursion to the Kingsbarns Distillery and St Andrews from South...
Ranked #11 of 62 things to do in St Andrews
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Tee off your visit to St Andrews at one of the most iconic golf locations in the world. The British Golf Museum is just 67 yards from the 1st Tee of the famous Old Course. Discover over 500 years of golf history, exclusive shopping and a wonderful Cafe all under one roof. A warm welcome is assured at this 5 star venue.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I spent 3 hours in this museum and we loved every minute! My husband is a golfer but as a non golfer I was a worried I might not enjoy the museum that much, but I was wrong! Although this is about golf it's also a lot about St. Andrews so it related to plaques we could see around the town. Although on the small side for a museum it was well thought out and overall a great learning experience. I'm confused at some of the other reviews left as £6.50 is nothing per person nowadays for a morning/afternoon outing, I spend more than that on coffee in a day and the opening times are the opening times, just like anywhere else and for your £6.50 admission it's for 2 days, so you can work the museum around your other trips so do it 1/2 one day 1/2 the next day. Overall fab morning had by us :)

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Typical of St Andrews golf attractions the prices are ridiculous and seem to assume we are all rich Americans! The Museum itself is uninspiring.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

More time needed in this museum to understand the full history of this great sport. We visited in March, and after a round on the old course were left with only 20mins in the museum as it closed at 4pm. We did get a reduced rate from £6.50 to £2.50 but more time is needed especially to fit a round of golf in too. A pity because it looks to be well worth a longer visit.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been to St Andrews many times on a day visit but we stay in St Andrews on an overnight - away from the kids, so we decided to visit this museum. Displays were very good, and knowledgeable. Would recommend to anyone interested in golf.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

As this is a museum rather than a complete history of golf, the displays concentrate on the origins of the game up to around the 1940's and there is little detail about the more modern aspects of the game. What is there is very interesting and well worth a visit, but I left wanting more. For example: golf course development, equipment developments, key personalities, other than just a list of Open Championship winners, information about the Ryder Cup and other tournaments played in the UK, more memorabilia.

On a minor note, the audio related to Alan Robertson can be heard throughout half the museum so it is very irritating hearing it 1000 times as you are trying to digest the other exhibits!