Best Western Scores Hotel
Hotels.com
Greyfriars Inn(St Andrews)
US$157
  • Restaurant
Fairmont St Andrews(St Andrews)
US$306
US$123
  • Free Internet
US$560
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat locationwest sandsjunior suitegolf coursesea viewtraditional hotelfantastic roomroom was largeenjoyable stayfantastic viewsthird floorbreakfast roomgolf tripshort staystayed for one nightbreakfast was excellentplay golf
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This place was great. An ideal location overlooking the water, city and St. Andrews golf course. The rooms were spacious, clean and well appointed. The restaurant and pub were an excellent spot to start our day and end our evening. In addition the staff was very helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The reservation process for this hotel was a bit convoluted. I thought I had booked a sea view room but it turns out I was supposed to indicate that preference in the comments section of the online booking form. Be sure to do that if you reserve online. The only sea view room left at check in was a junior suite on the 2nd floor so my friend and I did take it. We were on the second floor and had a partially obstructed view because of the first floor iron decorations sticking out in front of our windows. The room was okay but I was expecting much more from this hotel at this price. At breakfast we were seated in a corner by the buffet even though there were tables by the windows but they were supposedly occupied. Thank goodness we only stayed at this hotel for one night. There are plenty of other places to try down the street for the next visit to St Andrews.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The Scores Hotel is very well located near the R and A clubhouse and hence the 1st tee and 18th green of the Old Course. It has views along the West Sands and is close to many fine shops. I found parking in front of the hotel to be reasonably easy and the hotel offered its rear car park if I needed.

The rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. Mine did not have a sea view but I imagine those rooms that do are very nice indeed.

The front desk could not have been more helpful in assisting a very early departure as I needed to catch an early flight from Edinburgh.

I found the service in the bar areas a little less good as I am not sure I got what I ordered. The main restaurant was very good however.

Overall I was very impressed.

If I am able to return to St Andrews this will be my first choice.

Room Tip: If you are not on a budget ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Scores on 20 September. It was our first visit but not our last. We had a lovely room with amazing views over the west sands and the 18th hole of the old course. Comfortable well appointed room. Great service from reception. Only complaint was breakfast on Saturday. Went down at 9.45 to find very little left and told that no more cooking would be done because breakfast finished at 10. The waitress took an order from us but we felt like an imposition. If breakfast is served until 10 guys you should make sure there's stuff to eat until 10! Otherwise good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Maureeent
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed here from 18th - 20th September 2013 for business. Check-in seemed quite impersonal. No "How are you sir?" "Did you have a nice trip?" I was informed that my room was 203, however, had to ask how to get to it as no directions were provided by staff. The decor of the room was a bit tired and there were some maintenance issues, such as the light above the bathroom mirror not working, shaving adapter not working, along with some cleanliness problems such as staining on the wood surround in the bathroom (I can only presume it was toothpaste from a previous occupant).

What this hotel does well is a great cooked breakfast. The staff at breakfast were attentive and made me feel valued. Only improvement on this experience was that paper napkins were provided not linen.

The beds were comfortable and linen clean and well ironed.

The hotel is well located for all amenities of St. Andrews, with most tourist attractions within walking distance.

The night staff seemed very pleasant and welcoming. On returning to the hotel following a n evening walk around the town I was offered a "good night sir". Check-out again was very impersonal, the staff did not enquire if I had enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business