My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights as a part of a conference. This is a dormitory complex on the newer part of the university campus (not by the beautiful stately 600 year old buildings of St. Andrews). The rooms were so small it was difficult to move around the bed. The bathroom flooded while the shower was on and there was a note to keep the door closed so the shower steam would not set off the fire alarm (?). There was no iron for clothes or hair dryer, but there was a laundry with an iron on the first floor. The bed was quite uncomfortable. There was a 10 inch tube TV mounted on the wall. You could pretty much hear anyone talking in the halls or shutting the many firedoors. The halls were like a maze and there was only one small coffin-like lift in the whole complex.
The internet connection was really annoying. While we were given access to the internet for free, you had to log back in after only 5 minutes of down time with a long complicated code - ugh!
There was free parking, easy check-in, and the breakfasts were included and reasonably good. While this was an economical alternative to the expensive hotels, there were a number of B&Bs that offered more comfortable accommodations at a similar price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open June-August only. Agnes Blackadder Hall is the University of St Andrews' premier residence. We offer the perfect base for those wanting to explore St Andrews, play on the world famous links courses and discover all that the Kingdom of Fife has to offer during the summer months. Our double rooms all feature an en-suite shower room, television, telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Family rooms are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Agnes Blackadder Hall - University of St Andrews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall - University Of St Andrews Hotel St. Andrews
- Agnes Blackadder Hall - University Of St Andrews Scotland