Like the previous reviewer I've been staying at the Agnes Blackadder Hall for several years, and i agree with much that was said. But I still believe it represents the best value available in this very expensive town. You just won't get ensuite accomodation plus in room tea/coffee, TV and a magniificent breakfast for under £60 anywhere else in St Andrews.
The price has gone up - but only by £5 in the past 5 years. And during the recent Women's Golf Championship Agnes Blackadder might have been tempted to put the price up - they didn't. For a reality check - it's a student residence, and there's no soundproofing between the rooms, the TV's are prehistoric, requiring two remotes and no instructions, but that might not matter to some people. I was, I admit, disappointed to find the coffee shop/bar closed until 5pm, and the excellent 3 course evening meal for about £17 no longer available; this does matter, because AB Hall is some distance from the restaurants in the town, and therefore guests have no choice but to spend their evenings away from their hotel. This must be a problem for conferences. It also means there's no comfortable room to relax in during the day.
The staff are delightful, the rooms clean and the public areas airy and attractive. I guess you just get what you pay for. And maybe this is now a B&B rather than a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open June-August only. Agnes Blackadder Hall is the University of St Andrews' premier residence. We offer the perfect base for those wanting to explore St Andrews, play on the world famous links courses and discover all that the Kingdom of Fife has to offer during the summer months. Our double rooms all feature an en-suite shower room, television, telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Family rooms are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Agnes Blackadder Hall - University of St Andrews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Hall - University Of St Andrews Hotel St. Andrews
- Agnes Blackadder Hall - University Of St Andrews Scotland