“Voted the best pub in Scotland 2014”
Review of The Keys Bar

The Keys Bar
Ranked #13 of 150 Restaurants in St Andrews
Dining options: After-hours
Description: We have just been to an award ceremony picking up the best pub in Scotland 2014. We are truly honoured to have great customers who put us forward. We have been trading since 1979 in the centre of st.Andrews. We are a very friendly, family run local bar that strives to make all our customers happy at all times. We are very passionate on malt whiskies with over 100 malt whiskies at any time, with new ones coming in all the time.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We agree! This was a very fun pub filled with locals and having a rousing good time playing dominos (Tues night) and watching the semi-final for the World Cup. Whenever the German's scored everyone jumped up and down - not sure if they were happy about it or not! My husband joined the domino tournament with a little trepidation about knowing the rules and strategy but one local fellow took him under his wing helping him to see the differences in how we play in the USA. We had a marvelous time.

KeysBar, Owner at The Keys Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you both so much for your amazing comments. We are all so glad you had a great experience and I'm glad the locals made you feel so welcome, we're a nice bunch!! We hope to see you again soon even for a wee game of dominoes!!!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My group saw that the Keys Bar had just been named the "Best Pub in Scotland" by the Daily Mirror, so we stopped in for a pint and a whiskey. We weren't disappointed! The staff was fun and engaging and the locals made us feel like it was our own neighborhood bar. We went back several times.

KeysBar, Owner at The Keys Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

"Best pub in Scotland" Dam straight!!!! Glad you had a lovely time in st.andrews, Hope you have wonderful memories and come back soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I recently moved to Scotland from Canada and The Keys in St Andrews quickly became my local. I was immediately made to feel welcome, and seem to make new friends every time I visit. Having recently won 'Pub of the Year' I wanted to share why this unassuming pub deserves this award.

The owner Claire and all of the staff are some of the friendliest, nicest, most down-to-earth people I have ever met. This pub is welcoming and has a very loyal following from the locals in St Andrews. The Keys is still a privately owned pub - not a chain which is what I've unfortunately come to expect in the UK. Although they offer toasties, this is not a place to go for a meal; this is a pub to go and share a dram or pint with friends. If you're a fan of whisky The Keys is the place to visit. Boasting over 100 varieties of different malts there is something for everyone.

Visit The Keys in St Andrews next time you're in town. Friendly banter, wonderful staff, and colourful characters make this place a gem.

5  Thank AndrewTC7
KeysBar, Owner at The Keys Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely comments Andrew, It makes our job easy when we have such great customers. Can't wait to see you again. Claire xx

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I am not much of one for doing reviews, but the Keys Bar is just a very special place and I felt compelled to put in my 2 cents worth. Marta and Kris (our bartenders for the evening) were both knowledgable, helpful, and friendly. They both took time to help me and my party of four select just the right whisky to each of our tastes. The selection is massive and their assistance was most appreciated. Thanks guys -- for capping off a very special day on the links with a very special evening absorbing the local atmosphere!!!!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

First of all, the pub was okay. Not too expensive, staff good and outdoor seating good to watch the world go by. However, pub of the year? Must have been a slow year. Mrs Benny and I visited with Rocky the Campervan last weekend. Would probably go back.

KeysBar, Owner at The Keys Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

We are so glad you had a nice time in St Andrews! We are like one happy family here. We are a traditional pub, with great staff and amazing customers. We try our best to make every person that walks in feel special and that is our aim. All we want to do in life is to make people happy. Hope to see you again some night!