The Spindle Bed and Breakfast
Greyfriars Inn(St Andrews)(Great Value!)
US$185
Rufflets Hotel(St Andrews)
US$249
Hotels.com
US$440
US$247
Fairmont.com
Albany Hotel(St Andrews)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$187
TripAdvisor
Hotel Du Vin(St Andrews)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bstream runningstayed here for two nightssmoked salmon and scrambled eggsminute walkan excellent hostcentre of townstay there againfresh fruitgreat place to staytunnockbedroompillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2013

My wife and I stayed while attending a conference. The Spindle was not the first place we tried to book in St Andrews, but we were very pleased that we ended up here. The best feature of the Spindle was the breakfast. As well as the usual items, John put out generous helpings of fresh fruit. And unlike many other B and B's he was willing to serve breakfast from 7:30, which meant we didn't have to rush through breakfast in order to get to our conference on time. The location was great, in a quiet part of St Andres but less than ten minutes walk from the main streets. There is also an attractive bit of garden to sit in, if the day is sunny. Our room was not what you would call generous, but was adequate, with a tiny but useful desk, and a closet. Given how expensive most accommodation in St Andrews is, The Spindle is reasonable value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank calgert
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed three nights at this nice B&B in St. Andrews. Called John, the host, to find the place, as it is not directly along the street, and it was easy then. Nice, quiet location, and the rooms are really cosy, well equipped and nicely decorated. The one I stayed in alone might feel a bit small for two but was by no means cramped. John was a wonderful host, served perfect breakfasts and helped with all questions I had. There's a small hill to climb on the way to the center, but the distance is short anyway; less than 10 minutes rather lazy walking. It was October, nights somewhat chilly, but the room had an electric warmer. Bathroom was well equipped too. The price is very well worth the quality and location, I think. In fact, I prefer the friendly and quiet atmosphere of a nice B&B, if compared to hotels, especially larger ones. Overall, it was another very nice Scottish B&B experience. I would not hesitate to stay again in The Spindle.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SeppoH
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Arrived in St Andrews towards the end of a two week vacation in Scotland with no place to stay. Took advantage of free Wi-fi at Costa Coffee and found The Spindle B & B on line, called John, and was able to secure a room for the night for my sister and myself. Very great location on the burn, easy walk to the castle, university, church, restaurant, shops. Room was really nice - quiet, cozy, clean, comfy...what more can you ask for? John is a wonderful host. Extremely friendly and accommodating. Parking, while on the street, was no problem as we could leave the car there during the day without fear of a ticket. Definitely recommend The Spindle!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurie T
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have been staying at the Spindle several times per year for over 3 years whilst visiting family. John is the most welcoming host one can imagine, the rooms are cosy and well equipped with not only coffee and tea but also confectionery. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are also well equipped with shampoo etc.The breakfast is lovely. The location is central but ever so quiet along the burn. I would highly recommend the Spindle as John's hospitality and helpfulness is hard to surpass which is the reason why I have been going back to this same B&B over the years.

willyschouten@hotmail.co.uk

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank willeke-schoute
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Perhaps unusually I stayed at the Spindle for seven consecutive nights; I would think most stays are for a night or two.

I had single occupancy of a double room and while it was ideal for me, on essentially a business trip, the room might have proved a little small for two for such a length of stay.

Otherwise it would be difficult to fault The Spindle as all was attended to promptly and efficiently. Breakfast was excellent, not making the common error of mistaking quantity for excellence. I had the "Traditional Scottish Breakfast" each morning. The egg was certainly fresh, as its hen could be seen pecking around the garden!

Importantly for me the WiFi system was easy to use and fast.

I would certainly look to book there again when visiting St Andrews

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo