“mixed bag”

Ranked #70 of 141 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$0 - US$32
Cuisines: Turkish, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Exeter, United Kingdom
“mixed bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had lunch here. I had the mediterranean salad and my husband had a pizza. My salad was great. but his pizza was quite average. It was really expensive for something that tasted like it came frozen from the supermarket. The place smelled a bit musty and could do with a makeover. The service was very friendly, though.

• Visited May 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Chippie in disguise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

While great for some chips and pizzas after a night out, I've never understood why tourists mistake it for a good lunchtime restaurant. Food is bogstandard.

Visited April 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A GREAT FIND”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My daughter and I came across Dervish a few years ago and have been going since. My husband and I also have made quite a few visits and are never disappointed. The food is fresh, plentiful and different from other restaurants in St. Andrews. Most others are overpriced and the
food boring and run of the mill. The staff are friendly and take time to explain what a dish consists of, if asked.
Well done Dervish...Keep it up.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marilyn42014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A Wee Gem in St. Andrews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Took a trip with friends to St. Andrews for the day on Saturday 26/04/2014. Came across the Dervish cafe/restaurant, initially just went in for a cuppa but on seeing the food that everyone else was ordering and the portions they were receiving we soon changed our minds. The food was excellent and as I have said the portions were ample and very reasonably priced. It was a very friendly place and the young lady at the front of shop was very pleasant and polite and she looked after us well. I would highly recommend this place if you are ever in St. Andrews and it won't break your wallet or purse. This place was a nice change from where I and my friends usually go to but we were all glad that we made the change on the day :) - and I'm not forgetting the staff that were behind the counter as they were also part of the ambiance the place gave out - keep up the great work.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank David W
Dundee
“A Turkish delight in St Andrews”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We visited St Andrews for the day. After a wander round the town checking places to eat we came across this gem. A nice simple restaurant with a homily feel. Staff were helpful and friendly. The menu was varied with a good range of Turkish and Mediterranean food. We ordered a doner Calzone, a mixed Calzone, doner kebab and a Mezze. The Calzones were huge and as they were for the children the waitress advised that they should not worry if they could not eat all of them as they could take away what they could not eat, brilliant!!! Both the Doner and the Mezze were excellent. We all agreed that this was a fantastic find and we would return soon.

As a place to have a good lunch at a reasonable price it is hard to beat. A nice change from the numerous national restaurant chains in St Andrews.

Visited April 2014