“Excellent”

Dining options: After-hours
Brechin, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We discovered this restaurant last year and now visit on a regular basis. We have never been disappointed. We find the food, the coffee and the service are all excellent. The staff are very friendly and they go out of their way to accommodate customers. We would not hesitate to recommend The Dervish.

• Visited May 2014

Exeter, United Kingdom
“mixed bag”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had lunch here. I had the mediterranean salad and my husband had a pizza. My salad was great. but his pizza was quite average. It was really expensive for something that tasted like it came frozen from the supermarket. The place smelled a bit musty and could do with a makeover. The service was very friendly, though.

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Chippie in disguise”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

While great for some chips and pizzas after a night out, I've never understood why tourists mistake it for a good lunchtime restaurant. Food is bogstandard.

Visited April 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A GREAT FIND”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My daughter and I came across Dervish a few years ago and have been going since. My husband and I also have made quite a few visits and are never disappointed. The food is fresh, plentiful and different from other restaurants in St. Andrews. Most others are overpriced and the
food boring and run of the mill. The staff are friendly and take time to explain what a dish consists of, if asked.
Well done Dervish...Keep it up.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Marilyn42014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“A Wee Gem in St. Andrews”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Took a trip with friends to St. Andrews for the day on Saturday 26/04/2014. Came across the Dervish cafe/restaurant, initially just went in for a cuppa but on seeing the food that everyone else was ordering and the portions they were receiving we soon changed our minds. The food was excellent and as I have said the portions were ample and very reasonably priced. It was a very friendly place and the young lady at the front of shop was very pleasant and polite and she looked after us well. I would highly recommend this place if you are ever in St. Andrews and it won't break your wallet or purse. This place was a nice change from where I and my friends usually go to but we were all glad that we made the change on the day :) - and I'm not forgetting the staff that were behind the counter as they were also part of the ambiance the place gave out - keep up the great work.

• Visited April 2014