All reviewscandy flosstom morrismusselsitison voucherafternoon teastandard roomsea viewwest sandsboutique hotellovely lunchlovely hotelbreakfast staffchecking outgreat roomwaiting staffbreakfast was excellenta lovely stay
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Had a wonderful stay and a huge thank you to all the staff and management who looked after us.
The hotel has recently been refurbished and is looking fantastic.
Would highly recommend you visit and you must dine in the Bistro as the food at dinner and breakfast was wonderful.

Can't wait to stay again soon.

Room Tip: Room with a view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScotsUK
HDVST , General Manager at Hotel Du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will share your kind comments with the team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Best regards, Niall

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Had a reservation for 4 but as it happened it was 6 of us including a child and it wasn't a problem to rearrange the seats. Great service throughout our stay. Fantastic staff and amazing food. Really glad we've visited. Recommend to all!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
HDVST , General Manager at Hotel Du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your experience at Hotel du Vin St Andrews.

I am delighted that you enjoyed having Sunday brunch with us, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2014

A friend and I had lunch here on Wednesday and we were not disappointed. I'm not entirely convinced that the food is as good as the Glasgow Hotel Du Vin but given that the restaurant has just opened a few teething problems are to be expected. The decor and view are really beautiful, the renovation has been extremely tasteful and left a very relaxing environment in which to enjoy your meal. We found the restaurant a little chilly, it may just be a personal preference but other diners kept on jumpers etc so you may want to consider raising the heating. The presentation of the food was also excellent, as were the main courses but I found my starter (salmon) to be a little bland. The salmon main course was excellent however, so the problem was limited to one dish. Overall a very enjoyable meal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us at Hotel du Vin St Andrews.

The bistro is the heart of our hotel, and therefore we strive to provide exceptional food to complement the stunning accommodation and other facilities we have to offer.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 April 2014

As Glasgow's Hotel du Vin, is a very firm favourite of ours I was curious to see how the latest group acquisition would measure up in one of our favourite holiday towns. The Hotel is situated in The Scores and has wonderful views over St.Andrews bay. The decor is characteristically subdued and very tasteful.

Our room was sumptious and had a double kingsize bed which turned out to be the most comfortable I have slept in, ever! The latest 40" intelligent flat screen telly provides entertainment for guests wishing to watch the cinema in the comfort of their bedroom.
Other facilities of the room included an excellent expresso coffee machine, the kind that takes pods, tea making facilities and a minibar.

The bathroom was however without a bath which was a disappointment, More irritating was the noisy extractor fan which engaged whenever the bathroom light was switched on. I had to stalk around at night in the dark in case I wakened my wife. It seems a very small point but it's amazing just how annoying this can become during the course of a stay. A point that has already been remarked upon by a fellow reviewer.

Our evening meal in the restaurant, despite the best efforts of the engaging maitre d' who could not have been more attentive, was pretty ordinary. Any doubt that starters had been prepared in advance were confirmed by the sad looking garnish. Nothing in particular stood out in our table d'hote menu as appetising and so for an extra supplement we opted for the rib eye steak for our main course. The steaks were excellent and cooked to perfection however the sweet courses resembled canteen food with altogether too much cream in both the mixed fruit fool and the strawberry trifle and left the whole experience feeling flat.

Despite being open for three weeks tradesmen were wandering around the hotel like lost souls and at one point when the fire alarm went off it was clear that no one knew whether it was a fault, a drill or a genuine alarm. In any event there were no signs in the hallway or vestibule on what to do in the event of an emergency and on inspection I found that there were none on display in our rooms. I pointed this out to a member of staff who confirmed that they knew this contravined health and safety regulations and would put up signs later in the day. Hum!
I know I am a city dude but surely this is basic stuff even for St.Andrews and certainly not what to expect from the Hotel du Vin group.
This may sound rather damning and I do hope that those responsible take some heed of this review. I would rather have brought it to the attention of the Hotel management but like the emergency warning signs the customer satisfaction forms were nowhere to be seen.

Please record if you have found this review helpful for the benefit of future Trip Advisor visitors.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bath, natural light and ventilation.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Skatterbrain

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay with us.

I was very sorry to read that you were disappointed by several aspects of your stay and would be keen to discuss these in more detail.

Please contact me on niall.thompson@hotelduvin.com or on 01334 472611. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Used the HdV for an evening reception that consisted of a wine tasting with canapes. They did an exceptional job and our guests from all over the world were really pleased with the event and thoruoghly enjoyed the ambience in Ma Bells which we took over for the evening. Chris the Sommelier was witty and informative and the food and wine were of the high standard you would expect of this chain.

Went back the following evening with family for dinner in the private room in the Bistro. Had warm, welcoming service even though they had been rushed off their feet at lunchtime (Easter Sunday).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your lovely feedback; I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much, especially the wine tasting wine with Chris our Sommelier. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon. Best regards, Niall