All reviewscandy flosstom morrismusselsitison voucherafternoon teastandard roomsea viewwest sandsboutique hotellovely lunchlovely hotelbreakfast staffchecking outgreat roomwaiting staffbreakfast was excellentgolf course
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Visited StAndrews for the 3rd time this year and took my daughter for a 3 night break before the christmas holidays. As part of our trip, I booked the 3 course champagne lunch for the Saturday and afternoon tea for the Sunday. On both occassions, the food was incredible (not to mention the champagne with lunch and prosecco with afternoon tea). Not only was the food amazing howver we were so very impressed with the staff who complemented the overall experience. We would like to say a special thanks to Kevin who we met on both days and was extremelly friendly, informative and provided an excellent service. On the Saturday we were also served by another young waiter and I cant recall his name ( date was Sat 9th December 2017)and again he was very attentive. On Sunday Kevin and Sue served out afternoon tea again with a warm smile and a warm welcome. What a great experience they gave us and Im sure they are a huge asset to the team at hotel du vin...also our immense compliments to the chef. As a result we will bw visiting again on 16th February for another champagne lunch and we are bringing friens. Thank you all, so much appreciated Karen and Jennifer

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Herve B, General Manager at Hotel Du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your recent return visit and the great feedback. Much appreciated your comments and rest assured I will share with Kevin, Sue and all.
We look forward to welcoming you back on the 16th February.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We visited St Andrews in the first week of January. The hotel has a great sea front location . The staff were really friendly and attentive and the breakfast was delicious offering lots of choice.
However......the bed was really short. My partner is 6ft 1 inches tall and his feet were entirely hanging off the end of the bed.
When asked at reception if we could move rooms we were told that all the beds were the same size! Disappointed!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laura H

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your recent visit and the great feedback on the team. I am sorry your partner found the bed too short and will continue monitoring such feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for my bday and had a fab time. Our room was big and had a great view that overlooked the water. Due to the bad weather we booked dinner in the hotel and glad we did as it was very good staff were friendly and welcoming. The Sommelier also made a very good wine recommendation too. We had a drink in the bar after dinner which is quite dark but atmospheric. Overall I had a really good stay and would look forward to returning here when in St. Andrews again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1986Gla

Thank you for your recent review and the great feedback you provided. It is much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Welcome reception, voucher for welcome dram of whiskey swapped for wine given we weren’t whiskey drinkers but the house wine was actually not drinkable - we ordered 1red and 1 white - both were bad; which wasn’t what was expected in Hotel Du Vin! Bed was very comfortable but room actually wasn’t big enough for the size of the bed (king size).

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leanne A

Leanne,
Thank you for your recent review and the feedback you provided. I am sorry you didn't enjoy our house wine but pleased you thouroughly enjoyed our beds.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My Husband and I visited the Hotel as my daughter had purchased a 4 course Sunday lunch for my birthday treat. The hotel itself is nicely decorated and the waitress was friendly and helpful. Soup was ok and then there is a buffet course with cold meats, prawns, breads etc which was nice. The mains were really bad my husband had a rump steak which was unseasoned and raw. We had asked what was in the Bearnaise sauce and nobody seemed to know, chef advised waitress to tell us it was creamy. The reason for this became apparent when it came, pretty sure it was a pre-made out of a tub sauce that was microwaved. My omelette was very poor overdone and some awful sauce on top. The salt containers on the table were dirty and mustard tubs past there sell by date. Apple tart was fine. Its a shame really as clearly know one is checking on the standard of the food leaving the kitchen and it could be a nice venue and nice lunch . We just left our mains and didn't make a fuss as this was a voucher from my daughter and I didn't want to let her know our experience was so disappointing

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank leah l

Dear Leah,

Thank you for your recent review and the feedback you provided. We always aim to meet and exceed our customers expectations and I am sorry we came short of our usually high standards on this occasion. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon when we can reassure you of our commitment to high quality.