Just spent 2 nights at the hotel over Friday and Saturday night. Greeted warmly with glass fizzy wine on arrival. Check in smooth and quick.
Room allocated to us was lovely, huge bed and plenty of nice touches..magazines, flat screen tv.
Bathroom was beautiful with excellent fittings and biggest bath ever!
All food we had was very good, the burgers in jigger inn are enormous and the seafood platter in sands restaurant was huge and so worth the cost!
Champagne cocktails well made and potent but pricey, although reflective of 5 star prices!
Breakfast has buffet style and also ordering specialist items from al la carte, I had eggs benedicte one morning and they were perfect!
I enjoyed the spa (while my partner golfed) although it's expensive!! £113 for a massage is pricey, however it was 80 mins and it was superb!! I don't like that hotel automatically charges 10% service charge, I'm happy to leave something but not £11!! We also enjoyed the roof top hot tub, even though it was a freezing cold day.. The tub was very toasty!
We really enjoyed our first stay at the old course and we will def return!
My only gripe is that on entering the spa I wasn't properly given an orientation or the fob needed to access the thermal area..I had to work that out for myself and return to reception, however it doesn't deter from a super mini break.. Ps views are gorgeous
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St Andrews, Scotland