We bought this deal with an itison voucher, paying £129 for bed and breakfast. This was apparently half price so seemed like a good deal.
On arrival, after parking in their huge car park we were met at the foyer by the concierge who carried our bags to the reception and later to our room.
We were greeted by the very professional staff, who offered us a glass of prosecco as we waited to be checked in, which took no time at all. Our room was an ‘Eden’ room which faced towards Fife and the car park, which didn’t bother us as it was a particularly unpleasant day so the view was not something we bothered about.
The room was a decent size, with a king size bed, a large flat screen tv, which offered all the sky channels and many more, it also offered complementary movies. The room also had a quality Bose cd/radio and a minibar. The bathroom was compact, but offered a very deep bath and a fantastic power shower. This was complemented with the numerous toiletries and fluffy dressing gowns and slippers.
The spa is very good indeed, it has lovely changing rooms which provide you with dressing gowns, towels and slippers. The spa has a swimming pool, steam room, sauna, indoor and outdoor hot tub and plunge pool. There is also a gym, which looks well equipped but we did not try this.
The breakfast was served in the fourth floor restaurant which overlooks the iconic 17th road hole, the views of the course and the west sands really are amazing. The breakfast was superb, with everything you could have wished for including an a la carte menu as well as a help yourself buffet, definitely something for everyone.
Negatives: the hotel is in my opinion getting a bit ‘dated’ the décor is a little drab and doesn’t look to have been updated for a long time. However, it certainly was worth the money we payed for it, but I don’t know if I would be prepared pay the full asking price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St Andrews, Scotland