We visited this hotel again with family but there was something a bit different about the hotel although for the life of me I can't figure out just what. (I know that sounds a bit crazy)
The rooms were of the usual high standard and the housekeeping staff brilliant again.
The usual warm welcome was afforded to us by David and Alistair who feel like one of our friends now.
The spa was extremely busy which was a first for us as every time we have been before it's been quiet and relaxing. This time it seemed a bit busy and hectic to be honest. There were not enough loungers at the side of the pool which meant we had to share. We did however have a fabulous pedicure treatment which we thoroughly enjoyed.
Breakfast was again good but the staff appear to have changed again with the exception of a few old faces.We timed it nicely on both mornings as it started to become extremely busy and people had to wait for tables.
The overall stay was enjoyable again but for some reason i didn't feel relaxed as i normally do when I leave.
I know the general manager Mr Pereira has moved on but for me there was something missing. I didn't feel the same ambience about the place and the hotel didn't feel quite as homely.
I believe there may have been a groupon offer or deal on and as much as I am very for these offers i worry that this will take the luxury edge off the hotel.
I still had a lovely time but just not as enjoyable as the previous visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St Andrews, Scotland