As usual this hotel was excellent the staff are very good and are very helpful.
I must admit what really brings us back to this hotel is the spa and swimming pools areas
they are fantastic so relaxing and where in scotland can you sit in an outside jacuzzi in November. The last time we were here we had to get a fob to access certain areas of the spa but on this occasion you can use everything without using the fob.
Our room this time faced the park area and had a balcony (of sorts) which was shared with the room next door, not the best if you don't know the neighbours. The bed was very comfortable
but I did not sleep well as the pillows were to soft for me, maybe I could of requested a different pillow but by the time I went to bed it was to late
We had dinner at the hotel which we enjoyed but my only comment was the menu needs to be changed or more special dishes should be on offer .
We had breakfast in the hotel and we all felt that it seemed not as good as previous experiences I asked for a herbal tea and was given a pot of tea no one gave me a choice and I still do not know what kind of tea I had, eggs benedict were overcooked - all in all not the usual breakfast service.
Will we be back - Yes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St Andrews, Scotland