We stayed here this Saturday evening and were celebrating our anniversary - we didn't have a room over looking the course - but that didn't matter...the bed was beautiful and the pillows were excellent - great fluffy towels and very nice unusual toiletries.
We arrived quite early and wet straight to the spa.......heavenly to sit on the roof top in the sun in the Jacuzzi! the spa area is just right and we were very lucky that there were not many people in there so we felt very exclusive!
We had a light salad in the spa which was simple and delicious.
Whilst getting ready to go for dinner - which was quite late 9.30pm - we had a phone call from fine dining ....would it be possible to bring us some champagne and canapes?! why yes of course! it was - then we went for a drink in the Jigger Inn and then on the dinner - we chose th taster menu with wines and it was outstanding - Remis was a superb sommelier - the food was delicious - well balanced and delightful! when we went back to our room we had rose petals on the bed it was wonderful end to our evening - we had breakfast in our room and that too was excellent - we couldn't fault the hospitality and attention at this hotel - if there was a slight downside - it was the size of the bathroom - just a little on the small side - other than that it was all top notch!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK and Booking.com so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St Andrews, Scotland