When I originally booked, I thought that the nightly rate was extremely expensive, but after staying at the hotel for three nights I have to say it was worth every penny. From the moment we arrived the service was impeccable from reception, room service, restaurant staff and the golf team. Dinner in the Road Hole restaurant was exceptional. Jigger Inn was a pleasant alternative, however we were a little disappointed in the restricted menu in the Sands Grill ( no vegetarian options.) If you want to spoil yourself for a few days on a golfing holiday then this is the ultimate. venue. It was my 60th birthday trip and the staff went out of their way to enhance my celebration with unexpected gestures and gifts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bordering the renowned 17th ‘Road Hole’ of the Old Course in the Home of Golf, the Old Course Hotel enjoys a spectacular location overlooking the famous links courses, the West Sands beach and the beautiful Scottish coastline. Discover the historic university town of St Andrews, just a short stroll from the resort, and explore the surrounding countryside of the ancient Kingdom of Fife. With a combination of classically elegant and contemporary interiors, the hotel offers quietly confident service, luxurious facilities and a warm welcome in the finest traditions of Scottish hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St Andrews, Scotland