Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Sat, 20 Apr
Go to your Happy Price
Fully refundable before Sun, 21 Apr
Breakfast included
2,213 results
All reviews road hole sands grill fourth floor eden room plunge pool afternoon tea first class star hotel from start to finish scones birthday treat top class lovely touch jigger golf concierge gleneagles
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2024 via mobile

We splashed out for new year in Scotland for my golf obsessed husband arriving on new year's eve. Hotel is beautiful, very american/disney with bagpipes playing and a welcome drink when we arrived. Easy walk into St Andrew's for dinner, maybe 15 mins away. Room was large and comfy, bathroom was small but adequate. I had a massage with Kevin, it was amazing! Breakfast was included and very good options. My only complaint, we ordered room service on the last night, I had the burger and it was inedible, all gristle and the chips were just bland, not what you'd expect from a hotel of this standard so they lose a star for that.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jack Ewan, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2024

Dear tognir,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. I hope that you had a lovely relaxing time with us and enjoyed bringing in the new year in St. Andrews.

I am delighted to hear that there were so many aspects of the stay that you both enjoyed.

I appreciate you honest feedback and will be sure to share your views with our Executive Chef, I am sorry that on this occasion your food ordered via our 24 hour private dining team was not to our usual high standards.

We hope to see you at the resort again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2024 via mobile

Afternoon Tea at a window table overlooking the 1st and 18th fairway, from the Road Hole Restaurant did not disappoint. Service was first class, and the quality of the savouries and sweets was outstanding, and all washed down with some champagne and "old course signature" tea. We will definately return. Thank you.

Date of stay: February 2024

Dear brigitjones99,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at our Afternoon Tea offering.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything from service and location to the food. I will pass your kind words onto the team who will be delighted, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa.

Reviewed 2 February 2024

Excellent hotel overlooking the Golf course, good service, and large rooms with nice facilities. The spa is excellent with sauna, steam room and cold plunge pool. Would highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast was also good with a good amount of variety.

Room tip: My room overlooked the car park - try and get one that overlooks the golf course.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Anon100001,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa. I am pleased to hear you experienced a taste of our 5* hospitality.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 January 2024 via mobile

My husband booked this stay for my birthday and was a wonderful surprise as I have always wanted to go. The hotel were exceptionally generous with their birthday gifts and was a bit overwhelmed by the added extras.
The decor, is very dated and not luxurious in comparison to other 5 star hotels. With so many hotels in the area getting makeovers this hotel is really in need on investment.
The top floor new restaurant with panoramic views looks very modern and luxurious but you can really see that the rest of the hotel is looking dated now. The food in this restaurant was good for an evening meal and we enjoyed our meal. Breakfast in the morning is served on a buffet from the adjoining restaurant which is strange to walk through a restaurant to get to a restaurant especially when people are seated and dining. Breakfast was good. The usual hotel breakfast selection.
The spa was booked during our stay. There is a large jacuzzi style pool which only comes on for 10 mins every half an hour. There were lots of people complaining as there is only a sauna, a steam room (which is by far the hottest I've ever been in) and a cold plunge pool and the lap pool. The longer lap pool has 6/8 beds next to it which you can't get, because there are so few! The spa reception do not check in guests booked for the spa so had to go to the main leisure reception. The changing rooms are large and clean. No robes were given and none in the changing room. You have to walk into a public area to get to spa area so they were needed. Thankfully plenty of towels on hand.
The signage throughout the hotel is woefully inadequate. Ourselves and other guests all got lost going to the spa.
All said and done we had a lovely stay you could watch the view from the bedrooms overlooking the golf course all day. Will I be back? Not until it's been refurbished, as there is lots of good choice in the area

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jack Ewan, Guest Services / Front Office at Old Course Hotel Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2024

Dear Lweir19,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa.
I am pleased to hear you had a lovely time celebrating your 44th birthday with us and the complimentary amenities were well received.

I am sorry that your entire stay was not as seamless as we'd have hoped and there were a few aspects that did not meet your expectations. It is only with honest reviews like yours we can understand and appreciate areas of growth, we are constantly evolving to meet the needs & expectations of our guests and I can assure you that I will share your feedback with the relevant management.

I have also received the post-stay survey your husband had completed prior to your post, I have asked some of our departments highlighted to investigate and will be in touch in due course with my finding.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

Jack

Reviewed 30 January 2024 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Old Course hotel - five star service from the initial hello to the final goodbye! First class attention without being over the top or insincere. Beautifully appointed rooms and amenities. Service and food in the restaurant was impeccable.

Dear Happiness05245981097,

Thank you for sharing your review of your recent experience at Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa.
Excellence in service is one of our utmost priorities and ensuring all our guests leave us with the best of memories is at the very heart of what we stand for.

I will be sure to share your glowing feedback with the wider teams, who will be delighted, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Jack- Manager on Duty