“Rascals Highly Recommended”

Ranked #42 of 149 Restaurants in St Andrews
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated bar/restaurant situated on North Street , St Andrews next door to the New Picture house. Our menu has pub classics but we mainly push Comfort Food. Our passion is in our Burgers, 10 hour slow cooked Pulled Pork , chicken wings and a few other tasty treats. Children are welcome when in with guest and dining with us. Walk ins are allowed but booking is always recommended to avoid disappointment. We can cater for groups of all sizes, and we have a function room available for larger groups dining, parties for all occasions. Check out our Facebook page to see our latest offers. Rascals Bar St Andrews
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I'm a regular Rascal now. I very much love the attention to my comfort and satisfaction and their pride in doing their best. I am a great fan of their steak and ale pie, I love their 'pulled pork' and on my latest visit my friends and I enjoyed the local fish and chips. Great value and a loyalty card for discounts too. The portions are huge, so that I have been too full to indulge in a sweet on the last 2 visits! I particularly like the ladies loos. There is a full length mirror there that makes even me look tall and thin, so I like to hang about there as well. I am looking forward to a nice warm day so that I can sit outside and watch the world go by. Credit where its due Well done team Rascals at my favourite student/sports bar and eatery. I'll be back soon.

William A, Owner at Rascals Bar St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Hello, Thank you for your review. We intend to update our menu by Mid August so look out for some new products and more Burgers as we intend to use past popular Burgers of the Week. Look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks ,Jamie W Anderson. Rascals Bar Director

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Second visit as son wanted a burger on his birthday, we took advantage of the 'feed me for a fiver' deal and so the food was great value and served quickly. A bit quiet in the early evening but I imagine it gets a lot busier later on. Waitress wasn't overly pleasant and had to go away to ask the chef if I could substitute peas for a bit of salad or some slaw, she came back and told me that it would just be a one off which was odd, as it didn't seem much of an ask.

William A, Owner at Rascals Bar St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Hello, Thank you for your review. We are glad you found our food good value and of course tasty. Our Daytime Deals menu is one of the cheapest in area and we pride ourselves on fresh food at a great price. As its a set menu we of course have to watch our cost prices on each dish, this is why staff are told the dish is what it states and we do not swap items, mainly as it may in turn make the dish more expensive to make. On these margins it is important we as a business keep an eye on costs. Hopefully this helps explain, the staff member is regularly complimented on her manner and good service and we are surprised to here this. Perhaps her going to ask the chef to swap gave off a funny response from her. we do apologise if you felt this way. At time of your arrival 4pm we have the kitchen open as most restaurants in town are closed 3 to 5pm as this is a quieter period for food. We look forward to having you return again soon and if you have any questions please email me on rascals.sta@gmail.com Thanks Jamie Anderson

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Husband and I visited for the first time after looking at the pictures of the lovely food on Twitter. We were not disappointed! We enjoyed a delicious meal out in the sunshine. We ate from the "feed me for a fiver" menu. I had a Sloppy Joe (fantastic chilli) and my husband had the plain burger. There was nothing plain about our meal. Both came with a portion of chips, creamy coleslaw and a salad that was as well dressed as some of the golfers in town. All for £10. I can't eat to go back.

William A, Owner at Rascals Bar St Andrews, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We look forward to seeing you return soon. Feel free to reserve or book tables on 01334478479 or email rascals.sta@gmail.com if you have any questions. Thanks JW Anderson.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

I am becoming quite a regular at Rascals now and my favourite part is the Burger of the Week. The burgers are always fresh and tasty and the combinations they come up with are amazing! Recently I had the Nacho Burger and it was the tastiest burger I think I have ever eaten. Looking forward to many different combinations in the future

The service is always friendly and the chat is relaxed and welcoming. Prices are very reasonable, especially for St Andrews and the place itself is cool, love the movie themed decorations, inspired me for my cinema room in my house!

Keep up the good work and keep those burgers coming, I just wish you had been around when I was a student, although health-wise a burger everyday may not have been a good thing! Good luck in the future and I will be back regularly.

PS the Big Poppa Burger was hard work to take down in under 45 minutes but I did it :-)

Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Came for couple burgers the choice is great had amazing burgers loved the cheese on the bun idea. And service was cracking

1  Thank lisamchottie