“Beautiful interior, amazing food and service”
Review of The Adamson

The Adamson
Ranked #10 of 147 Restaurants in St Andrews
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Contemporary, Bar, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the heart of St Andrews with a fresh take on contemporary dining using the finest locally sourced produce. The perfect place to eat,drink and socialize. Separate contemporary cocktail and wine bar which is open: Monday - Thursday 17.00 - late Friday 15.00 - 01.00 Saturday 12.00 - 01.00 Sunday 15.00 - late
Glasgow
“Beautiful interior, amazing food and service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We visited The Adamson as a group of 4 friends. Very pleasant attentive staff. We missed the 3 courses for 16.50 deal so had a la carte. Two of us started with mussels- delicious, fresh faccacia with them. Other starters were oak smoked salmon, also declared to be lovely. For mains we had gnocci( not a hit- quite dry and plate un appetising presentation) and amazing confit lamb ina delicious broth. Burger was declared to be good and superfood salad with roast chicken was excellent. We paid about £90 for the 4 of us without wine. I loved the interior of this former post office- would recommend for a special meal out, or they do 2 burgers for 1 on Tuesdays.

theadamson127, Manager at The Adamson, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your very positive review and we have taken on board you comments regarding the Gnocchi and have added more puree to the dish.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Julie Lewis.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Stonehaven, United Kingdom
“Birthday Party”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently attended a Birthday Lunch in the Adamson. The menu selected was Large Party Menu 1 but the although the food was good we felt that the price charged was excessive and we would have preferred the Day Menu which included most of the dishes on the party menu at almost half the price. I also thought that the 12.5% service charge was over the top. We were issued with three different menus before we received the correct one. Fortunately we were not in a hurry!

Stirling, Scotland
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good range of local produce and choice on the menu. Reasonably priced. Acoustics a bit challenging for conversation.

Visited August 2014
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Julie Lewis
Uddingston, United Kingdom
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My friends and I visited the Adamson this week. I must commend the friendliness of the staff, any requests we made were attended to. The layout of the restaurant is very attractive and it is a testament to the confidence of the chefs that they cook in an open kitchen.
Our meal was delicious and reasonably priced for a restaurant of this quality.
Highly recommended!

Dear guest,

The adamson team are delighted with your review and pleased that you have enjoyed dining with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Julie Lewis
New York City, New York
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was lucky enough to spend the last four years in St Andrews and I can't express the joy all the students felt when the Adamson arrived only a few years ago! If there was ever any question of where to go when one was in need of a pick-me-up meal, a celebratory steak, a hangover cure, or simply a relaxing and delicious evening, The Adamson was the answer.

I also had the pleasure of hosting an eight person dinner at my apartment on my last evening in St Andrews catered by The Adamson's Chef Scott Davies. I highly recommend organizing this be it for a special occasion or simply an experience. My friends and I were speechless after each course came out more delicious than the next... Scott and a waiter prepared everything on time and even supplied the dishes and cutlery. It was a dinner without any stress or fuss and I was really impressed at how professionally it was delivered. I could not have asked for a better final evening in Scotland and I can't wait to return to The Adamson sometime soon. Thank you for all the memories!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kirsten H
Dear Kirsten,

Many thanks for your review and very very kind remarks regarding the adamson. We very much enjoyed your support during your time at university and wish you every success for the future. We hope on your return to St. Andrews you will come and visit us, regards, Julie Lewis.

Kirsten, it was my pleasure to have the opportunity to cook for you and your colleagues following your graduation. I am delighted that you all enjoyed the evening and your comments have really made my day. Best wishes for the future and we hope to see you again, regards, Scott.